Tuesday 1 September 2015

Dad's coming home

It's been a strange day.  We were expecting Dad to be discharged today but it turns out the free phone by his bed only phones BT numbers!!!  So he arranged to ring me here and then I would ring mum - who is a couple of miles away from him- go figure!  Around 10:30 he had been given the all clear, told what medication he had to take but also told that it would be around mid afternoon before the medication would be dispensed.  It's now nearly 4pm and I can only imagine these 2 forgotten refugees with their battered suitcases on their knees waiting!  Still - on a serious note - I am amazed that he has had such a serious operation and is being sent home just 5 days later.  My problems, however, are just about to start - Dad's wounds and mad Millie are potentially not a good match!  I've said that I will go home if it all gets too much.

So it's been a day of waiting by the phone but also cleaning and tidying - turning the sofa into invalid- land!!  Sewing wise I've concentrated on a fabric christmas tree for a christmas present. (Photo on facebook)  It's a mixture of Redwork and patchwork that some of you have seen before.  It's by one of my favourite designer - Annie Downs from "Hatched and Patched ". I've ordered her christmas book from Amazon but it's not released yet and not due for delivery until November - guess that's next year's presents sorted then!

This week is competition time.  Phil challenged me to enter as many competitions as I could in a week.  Yesterday I entered the answers to 14 competitions from Take a Break and entered a Daily Mail competition to win some BA flights.  Today I entered a Greenredeem competition - can't remember what that was for - and entered my diet coke number to see if I would win a rugby ball - I didn't!  The likelihood of me winning anything is slim but it's all part of the challenge.

On a food front everything is still on track.  For lunch I made a crust less quiche and it's shepherds pie n veg for tea - all within the food allowance. The scales are going down every day which is an encouraging sign but points to my theory that it's all water - lol!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant news on dad. Its always a pain having to wait for the dreaded discharge papers though! They never hurry!
    Well done on the sewing and food plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you entered the itv £1,000,000 quiz - might be worth it!

    ReplyDelete