Tuesday 15 September 2015

Is it wrong to hand sew for three hours straight?

After a good nights sleep I woke up to another grey and overcast day - so what's a girl to do?  Clearly there was housework to do and, after 2 weeks away, closely followed by a weekend away, there was more than usual.  yet the GP bag was calling to me.  My target was to complete the hand sewing panel so I settled down and got on with it.  Lost in the project I suddenly realised that the time was approaching noon - oops!  On the plus side I did finish the panel so it was productive at least. (It is a bit chilly and I would have lit the fire just to complete the picture of contentment but I need a new fireguard!)

Of course the housework was still there so that was the next job before a spot of lunch and then to the sewing machine I was pulled.  One of the post it notes referred to a patchwork block roll.  I had made one at West Ashby but my mother had loved the colours - "that would make a fantastic cushion for my new bedroom"! (if you looked at her comment yesterday you will see that this kind of plea is a regular thing.  Fortunately for her I often indulge her whims!)  So I dismantled the inside sheets and ran a quick cushion up.  Fortunately this plan never materialised so I negotiated its release from Devon and spent half an hour or so returning the roll to its former glory - one post it note quickly dispatched.






Back to the GP bag the hand sewing panel had to then be appliqued to the front of the bag - oops - does that mean more hand sewing on the sofa - oh dear!

Image result for lone star quilt








Tonight sees the return of the Tuesday patchwork evening class - we are starting to make a "lone star" quilt.  I was looking forward to this until a friend, who is extremely talented, confessed that she had taken her attempts apart so many times that the fabric had frayed and was unusable - oops!  This picture gives you a flavour of the design but I believe that ours will have 4 smaller ones.  I know that you need a jelly roll so I am using this one - Moda "Petit Odile" French General.  Wish me luck!





You know _ I have just noticed - for a girl who would choose blue every time this page has a lot of red fabric on it!!





2 comments:

  1. That three hours sewing was well spent, its such a pretty design, I love it.
    I don't think you need to justify your time to anyone these days, just do what you feel like when you feel like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting your panel finished Lynda, it looks lovely! Christine x

    ReplyDelete