Monday 31 August 2015

Beatles v Elvis

All day long on Radio 2 there has been a count down of the top 50 selling singles of each artist - it has made interesting listening!

Firstly Dad - he continues to make good progress and enjoyed mum's homemade tea that she took in yesterday.  Today he has to undergo the Day 4 tests which will determine whether he comes home tomorrow or not.  Anticipating his arrival home tomorrow I have been out to Dunelm and bought a large piece of foam to raise the sofa height so that he can get up and down more easily, and a v pillow to help him sit upright.  We have no idea whether he will need either but at least they are there if need be.  The foam idea was a result of a phone call that I made from the car - oh how how I like pressing a button on the steering wheel and making a phone call - simple pleasures!

Sewing wise the 12 days of christmas bunting is now complete - I will post a picture on facebook      (don't know why I didn't think of that before!). There is still a lot of hand sewing to do for several projects - oh how I hate French knots - and that's holding me up but I am persevering.  I needed the 12 days complete for a craft course that the church wants me to run in a couple of weeks - I have to show them the finished article!

Diet wise it's all good - I had a coffee out (flat white) but resisted the cakes .  Last night's incredibly fattening pork was very nice but it would be a crime to throw the other half away!  So I guess that's tea sorted!

Finally may I apologise - apparently yesterday's blog was full of spelling mistakes.  Oops!  Sorry x

5 comments:

  1. Love the bunting, well done, and a good project for the church craft group.
    Never noticed the spelling mistakes yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't notice the spelling mistakes either - must of been drooling over the pork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truthfully it was mum who said that I need yo check my spelling - and, as we know, mum knows best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say they were more typos that spelling mistakes...and yes there were rather a lot ....not sure I would be any better without a keyboard to be honest ( and that doesn't avoid typos altogether for sure!)
    Well done on the diet!
    Hoping tomorrow is D Day :)

    ReplyDelete