Friday 25 September 2015

Would you believe it?

Well - some of you with stamina will recall the reason for the title of this blog.  I do believe that I am fulfilling the Fat Quarters aspect - in fact some people would think that I sew too much.  However I am guilty of posting less frequently about weight loss.  That's because, ahem, I seemed to have acquired a few pounds on my holiday and have been working on losing them and trying to get back on track.  Last night, at Slimming World, I can reveal that I lost 1.5 pounds - meaning that I have lost the gained weight - plus a little.  Actually I am half a pound away from my first stone.  In fact I was even awarded this certificate last night - go me!  Now don't get me wrong - I only have 35 weeks left of this retirement year and still have 86.5 pounds to lose to achieve my goal of 100 pounds - an average of 2.5 pounds a week - which is a big ask!  However today saw me clear out the fridge, meal plan and then shop for some lovely healthy dishes - I am focussed this week!

After the shopping was completed, I then popped into the hospital for my monthly blood test.  Whilst there I mentioned to the nurse that I have a swelling on the side of the head which hurts to touch - she advised me to make an appointment with the GP (I am beginning to feel like a real hypochondriac!)  When I popped to the doctors to make the appointment I was asked if it was an emergency - I said I have no idea if it is since I didn't know what it was - duh!  It would appear that the surgery is not open on a Friday afternoon and so have an appointment on Monday.  Hopefully the swelling has gone by then.  On a more positive note the mouth infection seems to have cleared up and the headaches haven't returned.  Basically - I think that I am falling apart!

Apart from sorting the car out and getting the fabric etc ready for the patchwork class tomorrow, that is basically my day - I didn't sleep well last night and so feel absolutely shattered.  If truth be told I might have napped just a bit on the sofa !  Tonight is the book club meeting at the pub (I've chosen lamb shank - don't fret I won't have a pudding) although I must confess that my heart is with tonight's first Strictly programme - guess that's why I need to record it then!

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant news on the weight loss! Try really hard for the next couple of months then you can have a few treats at Christmas, then get back on track in the new year!
    As for falling apart...know the feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done with the ward, keep it up.
    Hope you have a better night tonight?

    Have a good day at Jenny's tomorrow, and hope I am missed.
    But think of all of Jenny's extra attention you can have with me not there!

    ReplyDelete