Tuesday 10 November 2015

It's Tuesday so it must be .............

....... another lunch date!

Flowers for Margaret's birthday next week
This time I had arranged to meet up with some good friends - Margaret and Ron, who live in Saddleworth, nr Oldham.  Our destination was Dovecote Inn, Laxton  - almost exactly halfway between us in terms of travelling time.  I am not saying that we talked much but we arrived at noon and were almost thrown out (the pub shut at 3pm and the clock in my car said 14:57!)  I credit Margaret with prompting me to retire - or at least start to explore possibilities, my financial situation etc.  That way, when the decision had to be made I was in a knowledgeable position to make the right decision.  Margaret took early retirement , although she still works one day a week as a 1:1 tutor, but enjoys her acting activities - tomorrow, for example, she is working as an extra on the second series of "Happy Valley" and, last month, was a nurse in "Emmerdale".



Laxton is about 30 minutes from Lincoln so I took the opportunity of popping into Waitrose and The Range.  The church is having a "Paper Festival" next year and we are exploring ideas as to how this event might look.  I picked up this selection and am intrigued as to whether I could make a fabric looking wreath / flowers / patchwork quilt from this selection - just need time to play!!







On the way home I passed through Tuxford and stopped at a butchers to pick up some chicken livers to make a slimming world friendly pate for a tasting session on Thursday.  I didn't quite expect this large amount of livers!!












Tonight it's off to the weekly quilting group where I will venture to complete my star - I know I should have done it by now- tut tut!  Is it currying favour if I take this lovely looking selection of cakes from Waitrose?  Wendy - I really did try to find a nice gluten free cake but these Jaffa Cakes were the best that I could do - sorry!








 
 




By the way - when does everyone put their Christmas decorations up?  Personally I go for the weekend nearest to the 1st December but today I passed a house which seems to have gone a tad early!  I didn't take this photo - there was a lorry behind me so I couldn't stop - but this is a fair representation.  They do raise a lot of money for charity but .........






9 comments:

  1. Cute cupcakes
    We put our decs up the first Saturday in Dec...and if I could would have them down the day after boxing day! At the latest its new years day.
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the paper festival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you - when I get back from Christmas I don't bother waiting until 6th night - get the decs down and start the new year afresh!

      Delete
  2. I love jaffa cakes, thank you. Looking forward to our catch up over a little sewing and tea/coffee. Keeping my fingers crossed that this goes into your comment box, tried to comment last night and it didn't work, here goes I'm pressing the button and........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 😀 yah it worked!!!!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. ....... it worked! See you later - usual time x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes put posted the same thing about 4 times!!! See you later x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the decorations... the weekend closest to 1st December! Enjoy the rest of the week! Christine! x

    ReplyDelete