Monday 13 July 2015

An ode to chicken

 
The morning dawned with heavy dew
Millie and Katie strolled out - other dogs were few
 
The target was the steps - a total of 3kilometres
But the gate was closed and the flies were swarmers
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So we turned around and home we went
And ate a healthy breakfast - Millie was spent
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Next on the agenda was the utility room
First coat of paint - boy was it warm
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then it was time for a sit down activity
A trinket tray for Macmillan charity
 
After lunch it was time to paint a second coat
The light and airy look - my boat it did float
 
 
 
By now it was time to take a break
But how could I without a piece of cake?
 
 
So onto another cupboard I did go
And a multitude of plastic containers I did throw
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
But now it was time for the main event
Chicken, yes CHICKEN, for tea - it was heaven sent
 
Using scan bran, it was my version of KFC
A time to sit down, relax and enjoy my tea!
 
Welcome home Chicken
 
 
duck  animations
 
 
Now for the monday conservatory check in - spot the difference!  Now come on - I have made this REALLY easy for you!
 




16 comments:

  1. A pair of loppers in the basket?
    Cant see the duck animation pic :( Like the sound of KFC.....welcome back to being a carnivore!
    Here's another challenge...go gluten free for a week...given my experience today it will be a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to the loppers - and in the other photo?

      Delete
  2. Going gluten free for a week would be impossible - we have a lady at work who is gluten intolerant and she does try to convert us by bringing in cakes, bless her, but they are the only ones that people avoid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - there is a challenge to make a gluten free cake which I will do in the autumn - but a whole week!! No thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some papers on the coffee table? Well done on the poetic nature of your blog!! Once again you seem to have achieved a lot in a day. There will always be jobs to do ! So keep going, when you have finished all the work, you can start all over again!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. In defence of gluten free....someone brought along a gluten free apple crumble to the last family service/lunch.....it was lovely. But I do like ground rice cake and shortbread with ground rice in, so maybe that's it. But as for baking with it...a nightmare! And very expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah go gluten free, add it to your challenge list, it's easy honest! Sorry off back to my holiday corner 😀

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my...what did Wendy say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She just repeated herself - no problems - probably the wine lol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, no worries Happymum, I've had problems trying to get my comments on here over the last week or so and then yesterday it put it on twice, but that's technology for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would have liked to have gone back to the hot tub, but we had a lot of heavy rain yesterday, so had to just stick to the wine. By the way I love the summer dress you brought for your hols.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you - I'm going to subtitle this post as "Gluten free gate!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. That should have been smiley faces, lol

    ReplyDelete