Sunday 25 October 2015

The power of sleep






I have been on fire today!  Armed with ten hours sleep, I was full of energy - cleaning the kitchen and the bathroom, dyeing some felt, doing some hand sewing whilst watching Create and Craft at 8am and then sewing together 81 1 1/2 inch squares - ready to sew into 3 x 3 blocks and finally make a square block for this month's quilt swap - all before 10 am!  I am so impressed with myself - its amazing the energy you get when you have a decent sleep.  Katie, on the other hand, just cuddled up with her soft toy and ignored everyone!  The small squares came from a container that I top up with scrap squares - you would think that it should be empty by now - no chance - its a bottomless pit!








Today is our vicar's last service at our church - she leaves after next Sunday.  Not knowing what to get her - she is moving house so possibly wouldn't appreciate more clutter - I went for the more personal approach - a chocolate emergency stash.  She adores Maltesers so I made her up an emergency Maltesers hamper!  It was also our Lily service where we remember friends and relations who have passed on and dedicate a Lily in their memory.  As their names are read out it is a truly moving experience.

Well the sun was shining when I got home so after a lunch of crumpets and cheese (my brother says its family tradition when the clocks go back - and that excuse is good enough for me) I sat sewing the small squares together to make a block.  There was no point walking the dogs until after three - the car park would have been just too full with seal watchers - so I took advantage of Elaine Paige's Radio 2 show - 2 hours of music from stage and screen - mmmmmmmmm.

Next job was to tidy around the rest of the house and get myself prepared for tomorrow - I am going back to Bee Crafty for a workshop - it will be an all day affair and Jean has kindly offered to pop round and look after the pooches.  The workshop uses hand dyed felt to make a wonky house wall hanging - I am looking forward to trying something different.

Finally - and before settling down to a nice chicken casserole plus veg for tea - I sorted out some Christmas presents.  I think that I am meeting myself coming backwards and so have made a list and am ticking it off.  I know that it seems far away but its two months today and I am starting to panic!  This year we have set a challenge for each other (well for those who will be there at Christmas) - the present should cost no more than £5,have a blue connection and include a challenge.  I suspect that most of us have adapted this but today I was putting together the challenge aspect - no peeking now!



4 comments:

  1. Like your small square block.
    Wish I wAs going with you tomorrow, can't wait to read all about it in tomorrow's blog.
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. will do my very best - but it wont be the same without my sewing buddy!

      Delete