Thursday 8 October 2015

It's time to say goodbye to a pair of faithful friends

Today started badly - another poor nights sleep which found me moving to the chair to sleep at around 3:30am - however I then woke up around 8 so I guess it worked.  I love this time of year with the weak autumnal sunshine reflecting on the falling leaves and today's sunshine was glorious.  I was so inspired that I sat and made this set of fabric coasters - last night's visit from the sewing group revealed a distinct lack of coasters and the ones I had didn't match the décor!





After a bout of tidying in the craft room - when you find empty boxes taking up space you've just gotta act! - it was time to go to  a church events meeting.  They are good fun - more of a natter over a coffee - but they were meetings that I could legitimately miss when I was working - ah well!

Then it was time to pop up to Tesco's for the weekly shop - plus extras for the harvest festival this weekend.  On the way home I popped into the Oak furniture store again.  You may recall that the table I bought was too tall to be a side table for the sofa.  This time I was armed with measurements and picked up this little table - just big enough for your coaster and mug but small enough to sit into the space between the sofa and the doorway.  For the past 30 years or so I have been using this folding pine table and this board from the top of my mothers old twin tub washing machine.  As a combination it has served me well - hundred's, if not thousands, of maths homework's have been marked on this combination.  But it doesn't fit into the new, grown up, lounge so I guess they have to go.








Well .............................let's see eh?



7 comments:

  1. Could be a new theme for Christmas next year - give away what you don't need to see what they can make out of it - upcycling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're up for it then so am I - bring an item down at Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Back to the furniture shop again so soon?
    I think you've got your eye on that salesman?
    Coasters look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen the BBC programme "Money for Nothing?" A lady goes to the dump and saves three pieces of other peoples waste, then upcycles it and sells it for loads...giving the money back to the owners! Now she does have some very experienced teams working for her, and some very exclusive places to sell the items at...however... the concept is brilliant and got me thinking when PD made his comment!
    Hoping you get a better night soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your up for it then so am I - bring an item down at Christmas!

      Delete
    2. So if we all bring one item of furniture.......

      Delete
    3. Only if it's small enough - it could be anything that you want to throw

      Delete