Sunday 4 December 2016

To paraphrase Meatloaf "997 out of 1000 ain't bad"

Well, after a good nights sleep (around 9 straight hours!) I woke up to a lovely sunny morning full of possibilities.  It's amazing the amount of energy that a good night's sleep can give you isn't it?  First on the agenda was to finish the craft idea that kept me awake yesterday.  By lunchtime all was finished and ready to be wrapped.  Dare I say that I am quite pleased with the final product?





Next up was a Splendid Sampler square (only 17 left now to reach my self imposed target!) - it was supposed to be a rose but I think that the red fabric reminds me more of a poppy so will embroider the "Lest we forget" tonight whilst watching I'm a Celebrity finale (come on Scarlett - I would love to see a non-celebrity win!).




Then it was onto Christmas Cards (or at least the ones that need to be posted) - I am late sending these out and normally post them on the 1st December.  It must be all those presents that I have been making this year!!  Still there's no post in the village on a Sunday so these will get posted tomorrow morning.By now the afternoon was drawing on and it was getting a tad chilly (I have turned the heating off during the day since it has been too warm) so I lit the fire and started that handsewing - with my leg up of course.  I also put "White Christmas" on - I watch it every year at some point in December - its tradition!  will some one tell me why they put the guest of honour - the General - behind a 3 storey cake so that he wouldn't be able to see anything?  I always wonder about that when I watch it!




And the blog title?  Well, drum roll please, I have "finished" the jigsaw a last.  I say "finished" because I appear to be three pieces short.  I have only sorted the edges out on the sofa before working exclusively on the conservatory table.  I have hunted high and low for these three pieces - including moving the sofa (hovering the mess I found underneath) and removing the cushions (you can tell that I am a sewer - I found countless pins, needles, applique thread and a posh embroidery silk) - but to no avail.  So - either Daisy has eaten them or the jigsaw was incomplete when new.  I know that this is unlikely but I might write to Gibsons anyway.






My next jigsaw? -well I quite fancy this school days one!  I wonder why?








Advent wise, my chocolate today was  Lindt snowdrop whilst Wendy's present was a lovely Nottingham Lace pin cushion - all the way from Chatsworth House no less!

2 comments:

  1. Agree with you, its more poppy looking than rose looking.
    Shame about the missing pieces. Sounds like you have the bug now! I am itching to get one out...but will wait till the Christmas work is done I think. Also think I will buy a board to keep it on so the table isn't out of action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The board was great - expensive but well worth it!

      Delete