Monday 5 December 2016

Well - who would have thought?

This morning (another good night's sleep since you ask), it was an early (well 9:15am) pop round to the surgery to see the nurse.  It had been a frosty night and so I needed to leave time for the car to clear.  As I turned on the heating to clear the front windscreen and the rear heated window button I noticed steam coming from the wing mirror.  I wound down the window and felt the glass -it was warm.  It would seem that turning on the rear window heater also warms up the wing mirrors - who knew?  I didn't and I have had the car for over a year now!

Once home, it was time to load the dishwasher, tidy around, empty the bins and get ready for the craft group before a light lunch of cheese and biscuits.  At the moment I am playing store cupboard / freezer lottery and eating my way through both - albeit there may well be some unusual combinations ahead!!  However it will make room for those Christmas left overs!!





This afternoon I was working on a birthday present for my cousin (hence the vague photo) and am pleased with the way it is turning out.  So pleased that I may just have to make myself one! 








Jean was making some tree decorations,










Ev was making a log cabin santa,









Carine was making a candle wreath,






whilst Linda was having a problem with her machine so I cleaned it out - there was a fair amount of fluff,







which prompted Carine to open hers up and see the damage!






However, once back home, it was time to walk the dogs (it is cold here still) before settling down for the evening and  some more hand sewing.  I will have finished another Splendid Sampler block tonight but need to complete a few more to get back on schedule!  I also received this month's mystery box from The Bramble Patch with an invite to sign up for a "Block a day" quilt next year - maybe not!  If I can't keep up with two a week then what am I going to do with seven a week!

4 comments:

  1. I must check my wing mirrors! I think it must be the same as it didn't occur to me I hadn't needed to clear them at any stage!
    Ooo...do hope its a certain cousin with a birthday soon after Christmas that is the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well - I do have a few cousins of course!

      Delete
  2. You all looked very busy at craft group today.
    And how the other half live- heated wing mirrors, whatever next!

    ReplyDelete