Thursday 15 December 2016

Princess Daisy is on her throne!

As you might expect, Mum had a mountain of jobs for me to do today ( do I feel another Cinders moment coming on?) but we focuses on just two.  The first was to stick Christmas cards on ribbons to display them.  Not Mums card of course - these were spare cards that would be used as part of the church's carol service, torn down and used to illustrate how commercial Christmas has become.  Dad is taking the service and spent time upstairs writing out something for the children to read out.  I was able to help with the story of the wise men ( and took the opportunity to print out today's Splendid Sampler block - a really seasonal embroidery - my favourite type of block!)


I took the opportunity to finish quilting the first ten blocks and then made a start on some other SS blocks before starting to sort out Mums two freezers.  I swear that they are responsible for a Gammon shortage this Christmas - they must forget that they have one in and then buy another one!  Mind you Dad does make some really nice soup so, hopefully, he will do so next week.

Once our hands were defrosted, and a late lunch of crab pate on toast, it was time to pop out with the dogs.  It's a really mucky day here and Daisy has left he mark in the carpet ( ahem). I thought that she was curled up in her bed - but then spotted her on this fancy chair - looking like the Diva she is becoming!

Tonight is more hand sewing - in between tea making - I am responsible for feeding the folks so anything could happen!!

1 comment:

  1. Grandma's freezer sounds like a case of "like mother like daughter" from my memories of growing up with nan....just as well she only had one freezer!
    Cheeky Daisy...has Grandma seen!

    ReplyDelete