Thursday 1 December 2016

I do live a strange and varied life!



Having not slept well last night - no reason - my mind was just racing about all sorts of little and irrelevant things  - it was an early start.  Wendy had to take her car into the garage to fix something (it should take an hour Ma'am) and we had both been invited to a Coffee Morning in aid of Cancer Research.  So, after a quick Aldi pit stop, I met up with Wendy at the garage and drove to the coffee morning.  Trish , the hostess, had clearly made a huge effort to encourage us to spend money and the event was well attended.  I even bought my first present for Christmas 2017!






After dropping Wendy off, it was then onto the Doctors to get my leg dressed (still healing nicely since you ask), before heading home to start making preparations for tonight's WI meeting.  There are at least 5 people with December birthdays so I sat and wrapped a planted hyacinth bulb each before turning my attention to the competition - a wrapped Christmas present.  I have gone for the simple look!

 


Wendy popped round with a toy for Daisy that we had been talking about at the coffee morning - a babble ball.  When the ball moves it talks!  To say that it completely freaked Daisy out is an understatement - she ran into her bed and refused to come out!!






Today, being December 1st, meant that I could open my advent present and calendar.  I treated myself to a Lindt calendar this year and was delighted to see a mini reindeer behind door number 1.








Wendy and I exchange about 10 advent presents and I was over the moon with her gift to me - isn't this a lovely wall hanging?








I also should report that the English Paper Piecing block that I have been working on is now complete - so that's 18 left to complete now.




Finally I should talk about my sponsored slim (hangs head in shame).  I should report that I did lose weight - just not as much as I hoped for at the beginning.  In the end it was half a stone - which is something I guess - but!!

So - to sum up my day - block, coffee morning, doctors, hyacinth bulb, talking dog toy - what a day!!

5 comments:

  1. Does that mean the sponsored slim is over? In which case I owe you some money.
    Loving the wall hanging...just my sort of thing ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it finished at the end of November. will do when I see you x

      Delete
  2. Like wedpndys advent present to you, very nice, your bee block looks good.
    Enjoy your evening at the wi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think u should start a new sponsored slim in January - we would sponsor you n the same terms xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for your weight loss. I am on that weight loss journey also and it's hard.
    Be proud of your success you did go in the correct direction

    ReplyDelete