Saturday 17 December 2016

A mercy dash

Normally my parents take a while to stir - often not going out until 11 at the earliest.  So when I got up and came down before 9am, I was confident that I had another couple of hours for coffee and breakfast.  Nope - I was told that we were going out strait away.  Woah - back the truck up!  What?  Having had this piece of news confirmed by their friend and cleaner, Val, l managed to down a coffee before heading for the car.

What the followed was a tour of the finest tourist spots that Devon has to offer - church to drop some more stuff off, a new Lidl, Atlantic Village ( a small retail outlet village which serves the NICEST Bacon, Cheese and Leek Pasty) and ASDA - all rounded off by a stop off at Morrisons.  You can imagine how pleased we were to get home!  

Only to find that we have lost the back door key!!!  Fortunately Val had hers so we could get in and enjoy a cuppa whilst the dogs relaxed - but it was all very confusing!  Mind you, whilst I was waiting I did find out that one of the neighbours is going to be on Jeremy Kyle - I might have to look out for that episode!

Mum and Dad wanted a snooze so I took Daisy on a mercy dash down to the church.  It was a long shot but perhaps mum had dropped the key into one of the gift bags that she had taken down to church. ( I took Daisy so that she didn't interrupt their snoozing!). Ta-da - the key was in one of the bags and the problem solved!

Tonight is the Strictly Come Dancing final.  Two of the professionals - Kevin and Joanne - come from Grimsby and one of my brothers taught them both at a local grammar school so that's where my loyalties lie.  Whatever the outcome it promises to be a good final.  As you will note I haven't done any caring today so am hoping to get some embroidery done on this quilt title ( it's a UFO from 2015!!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow , that was lucky to find the key.
    Good to see you haven't forgot the quilt from last year.
    Enjoy your evening of tv. X

    ReplyDelete