Sunday 18 December 2016

D- day ( or should I say C-day) is here

Today was the carol service.  Anybody who has ever taken responsibility for an event or a service will know how much work is involved and how much of a relief it is when it is all over.  I am pleased to say that everything went well, although there was one visitor who decided to heckle from the pews - not exactly the right way to behave in church and could have been off putting for Dad.  Fortunately, though, he came through it well and was, I understand , congratulated by a number of people.

Whilst this was going on I was, ŵait for it, wait for it , sewing.  Another 10 Spelndid sampler blocks have been quilted and put back in their box ready to be taken home, cut to size, and sashing added.  Sadly I only bought down enough blocks and wadding to do around 35 so I have nearly completed that task but it's an important one at least.

Next up was part of my 2017 creativity drive.  Back in the summer I drafted out a sampler to represent my summer holiday so today, at last, I firmed up the design ready to trace when I go home and then sew.  Several of the areas will be fabric appliqué since I already have the designs on fabric and I want to use my intense pencils to colour in the quilt.  They double up as a fabric dye so should fare well.

After an afternoon snooze ( not me - Mum and Dad coming down from the relief of the event finishing), it was then back down to church to tidy everything away whilst Dad set to making his soup. The tidying away didn't need to be done today but sometimes it's better to get these things done. Meanwhile Dad's soup will tast wonderful - but it is a tiny bit of a production!!

Tonight it's the Apprentice final. I always think that Strictly and the Apprentice signal Autumn's arrival and so am sad to see them both go - knowing that we are now becoming entrenched in winter (  even if the weather doesn't realise that!).  I was pleased that Ore and Joanne won the Strictly final - my god daughter, Emma, is friends with Ore whilst, as I said yesterday, my brother taught Joanne.  I guess that's what you call keeping it in the family!

3 comments:

  1. Oh we can completely understand the relief of the Carol Service being over! Shame about the heckling though.
    Well done on the sewing.

    ReplyDelete