Friday 2 December 2016

The power of a good pair of shoes

Today, after yet another visit to the nurse - this time for a blood test (I swear that I should have shares in that place!) - I nipped into Grimsby to the shoe shop.  Many years ago I had plantar fascilititus (I think that's how you spell it!) and was recommended to go to this particular shoe shop.  It's slightly old fashioned and they fit each pair that you buy - but they also sell good insoles which, given my condition, I need.  So, given that my soles were looking worn and my ankles were hurting, it was time to buy a new pair of shoes.  In addition I also spend a lot of time in my slippers and, this time last year, I bought a pair that would take insoles.  One year on the soles were looking threadbare.
As soon as I got home I put the slippers on - and they felt wonderful!!

A late lunch, an hour lost on the jigsaw, and some more time spent tidying the craft room moving piles from one place to another and the day was soon gone without really achieving much.  Would I have it any other way - nope!!




In my advent calendar today, by the way, I has a Lindt  Napolitan whilst the dogs had a bag of meaty choc treats from Wendy so that they have  chocolate every day as well.  Not real chocolate, obviously since it is poisonous to dogs and my family will remember the time that Millie, as a puppy,  ate a whole box of chocolates one Christmas , wrappers and all, and had to be taken to the vets to have her stomach pumped - lovely!!




BREAKING NEWS

Just as I was about to publish this blog I heard the news - there is an expected sprout shortage this Christmas - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


2 comments:

  1. Shock horror..not enough sprouts?? Plenty in the shops at the mo...maybe have to buy ahead and freeze them.
    Yes I clearly remember Millie eating my present from the Year R lad I was working with! We certainly learnt to make sure our bedroom doors were shut properly after that!
    Guilt does not make for a happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm I guess the Brussel sprout shortage is a good thing for my neck of the woods. California grows lots and lots of brussel sprouts and other fruits and vegetables and nuts also. So if Englands needs them we have them growing here. I like mine cut in half cooked on top of the stove with a little water and butter and served with mustard and butter sauce yummy. I use small ones if I can find enough but the cut in half ones dip nicely into the sauce.
    These have become popular it's just been the past few years that I have seen them offered at resturants.
    Colleen
    Sanfrancisco Bay Area
    California
    USA

    ReplyDelete