Thursday 8 December 2016

Thank heavens for the National Health Service!




Today was a mixed day - starting with a visit to the dog groomer.  Again, we got a  gold star for our grooming and Daisy came out looking fabulous!  After half an hour at home, it was then off out again to meet up with Sewingbuddy, Sandra and Jean for some lunch ( My eyes were bigger than my stomach so have brought a doggy bag home - that's tea sorted tomorrow then!).  We should have been joined by a fifth friend but she had sadly just found out some devastating news so our thoughts are with her and her family.


Sewingbuddy and I had ordered some fabric from America and she bought the first consignment with her - I loved it because of the originality - plus I have a thing at the moment about houses.





After we had been kicked out (not really - but it was nice to be leisurely), it was then time to go to the nurse for the leg dressing.  Soon I will be away at relatives so they have ordered me enough dressing paraphernalia to dress my own wounds during the Christmas period.  Trust me when I say that the dressings will need a suitcase of its own - they didn't have a carrier bag big enough!!  I pay for my prescriptions but have a pre-paid certificate - I am certainly getting my monies worth!!  Imagine if I lived in a country where such things had to be paid for!

Tonight?  Well I am starting to bag up all the projects to take away with me - so I will try to finish that task!

2 comments:

  1. Thank heavens indeed! We learnt this year that our retired US friends pay over $1000 a month just for a prescription insurance which means they don't have to pay the full amount HOWEVER that only covers a certain value, you then have to pay another $8000 on medication before going to the next level of insurance!!! When I told them our pensioners had FREE prescriptions they couldn't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm perhaps my husband and I could move to your country ?

    ReplyDelete