Sunday 25 December 2016

Merry Christmas - has Santa arrived yet?

Our Christmases usually follow a similar pattern.  Get up at a reasonable time, Mum and Dad off to church whilst I tidy around and then a "lunch" of warm sausage rolls and mince pies whilst we open the presents.  Even though there is only the three of us we still open presents in turn so that we can see what each of us have been given.

This year I was spoiled - a set of tables for my she cave, a lampshade for my craft room, a set of knives and a set of binding clips - all from Mum and Dad.

Terry gave me this difficult looking jigsaw - along with a lovely charm square set.

Jean gave me this lovely wooden box, complete with some sewing bits, a set of chews for the dogs ( they were very grateful!), a lovely cushion which I can't show you yet and some vanilla syrup.

Whilst Wendy gave me this lovely colouring book and pencils ( I am sure that there are some embroidery patterns here!), some caramels to enjoy whilst colouring and thus lovely moda flannel bag.

I even got this lovely waste bag / pin cushion from Trisha who goes to our Tuesday night sewing class. I did say that I was spoiled didn't I?

In terms of my Christmas crafting projects I gave the first one away today - a wall hanging for mum which formed part of my Anni Downs quilt.  She'd admired it back at Easter ( but had forgotten!).

This afternoon was spent lazily watching some re- runs until we had a visitor, Carol, bearing more gifts - for both the dogs and ourselves. Mine was a deciding book which already has me bamboozled!

1 comment: