Sunday 15 November 2015

Merry Christmas Scamblesby!

Today saw the first of a series of Christmas celebrations.  Early I know but the sewing group at Scamblesby will not be meeting again before Christmas so today was our "party".

The day started as normal - we arrived ladened down with our sewing projects - having seen a lovely rainbow just as we set off..  Terry and Pat won the gold stars - they are the only two that look like they are even close to finishing this year's project - the rest of us are too far behind!  However the celebrations really started with the introduction of a shared lunch - alcohol or not , as you wished  - and a bounty of lovely food - all topped off with the inevitable passing of the tin of sweets!  Rather than writing cards / exchanging gifts with everyone, we have a secret santa where we exchange a fatquarter of which fires our imagination.

This time, however, I threw in a curve ball.  One of my weekly challenges (yes I haven't forgotten them even though I might not have completed many recently!) was to provide 7 craft kits and ask people to create something.  The 7 volunteers took the challenge well and have until the march meeting to complete something with their meagre offerings.  I have photographed each starter pack and have recorded who got what - they have until the march meeting to create something and I will be asking readers of this blog to judge the winner (if I can work out how to create a vote by then!).  They were really buzzing - well most of them were anyway!

Next year's project is a Christmas wall hanging from Hatched and Patched - it's lots of needleturn applique which will be fun!  I think that many are desperate to start - roll on January!

Me - well I focussed today on sewing more diamonds for my star quilt.  However I am fairly burnt out by my sewing marathon over the past four days so I am not going to touch a sewing machine for a few days - not quite Sir Steve Redgrave's " Shoot me if you see me ...."  but I think that the house needs some desperate attention.  In any case there's always handsewing!





2 comments:

  1. What a great day,
    Am stuffed now, after all the food and drink.
    Thank you fir my challenge, I will give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day!
    Looking forward to being part of the judging next year!

    ReplyDelete