Thursday 12 November 2015

It's Thursday so it must be ........

..... well, in the words of the greater Coronation Street character Mavis Riley "ooh I don't really know".  Thursday doesn't have a set agenda - although it is weigh in tonight at Slimming world.    For once I had no-where to go and so planned a day of sewing - but of course I can't give you chapter and verse - its those pesky mystery presents again and putting the finishing touches to Sewingbuddy's present.  However you should trust me when I say that I started sewing at 9:15 am and stopped around 3pm with few breaks in-between. - I need to lie down in a darkened room now!

One of the breaks was to take delivery of the new dog bed.  It certainly is a whopper and is very heavy - but looks a lot smarter than the pile of rags.  They are being washed and then I will put them in the rag bin so that the charity can get some cash for their weight.  The new bed hopefully makes up for the thwarted dog run up at the beach - seriously - Piccadilly Circus has less cars than we've had today looking at the seals. There was nowhere to park! I can only think that the beautiful weather - with the threat of bad weather coming - has made people come out and look but ...........




Another mini break was to look at the pretty parcels from the postman.  I am in a hexagon snowflake swap page on facebook and so received these today.  My only concern is that my hexagon is smaller than theirs - although mine measures the required 1 inch - I don't really understand what's gone wrong here.  Luckily I had only posted a couple so will change tack.











The one piece of sewing that I can show you is the TAST sewing - this week the stitch to try out was a half chevron - so I have tried it out here - above my running stitch.  Truthfully I am not a fan but you do have to experiment with these things!



4 comments:

  1. Aren't those days when you don't have any agenda to work to great! They are rare but great when they come along!
    What a posh pooch bed! Hope they are passed the tearing things apart stage...Milly at least!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I think it will be fine ( hope so anyway!)

      Delete
  2. I am sensing a theme with your blogg titles..........

    ReplyDelete