Sunday 29 November 2015

The Kntting and Stitching Show in Harrogate

Another early start - the minibus picked me up just before 7:30am - and another long journey (we arrived around 10:15 am).  But Wendy and I had a plan - we had researched the different exhibitors, written a list, knew which halls to go in first to avoid the crowds, would stick to the list and never, ever, ever would we buy more kits just to feed our storage bins.

So - what did I buy from this extensive list and why?  well - I looked at a very expensive embroidery machine - but declined to buy it for around £1500! Good move eh?








However I did buy all the threads, the burgundy felt and the applique threads / pencil for next year's quilt - I now have everything I need for this project!





Next up was a purse clasp for a Lynette Anderson purse project that I intend to tackle as a Christmas project.  Wendy and I had also booked into a sewing purse workshop to learn how to do this.  Everything was hand sewn and needs pressing but I think that we are on the right track!




After some lunch we admired the handiwork of the Royal College of Needlework before consulting the list to see what was left.







Well, of course, there was a visit to the Steff Francis stand to buy some silks for my college embroidery course.  Then there was Empress Mills for some Egyptian Cotton (more Indigo Dyeing and Zentangling) and some Weaveline to place behind my fabric when hand sewing)



All in all - a great day with no temptations / straying from the list - yes?







Well ........








I was tempted by this little set of Japanese stitching to try.








Oh - and then there was this set of transfer paints - paint anything onto paper and then iron it onto polycotton before embellishing it.  The colour stays fast when washed.









Then - there might just have been these fat quarters which pounced into my bag - well you've gotta love Anni Downs' designs!







And no show would be complete without a kit ...........










or two!!



Ah well - I had fun!!  Now I need to go and lie down in a darkened room - again!!

























3 comments:

  1. About time!
    Been waiting all day for this blog!
    Had a brilliant day tired and hungry now.
    Not even looked at my buys yet.
    Yours all look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day and I'd say your credit card got off lightly considering all the amazing things that were there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely day out Lynda! Glad you stuck to the list!! Christine x

    ReplyDelete