Saturday 14 November 2015

It's a dark day for peace.




Sometimes such daily tasks seem trivial set against the backdrop of what is going on in the world - and today is clearly one of those days.  Listening to Graham Norton on the radio this morning, it was clear that he felt awkward continuing with his usual radio programme but I was heartened to hear that many of his friends in Paris were being defiant and trying to continue with their usual Saturday routines.  Clearly my thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has lost a loved one but I agree with the concept that to stop enjoying life is to allow others to win.




So - what have I enjoyed today?  Well - yay!!!! the mystery presents are finished!  I cannot tell you how pleased I am to say that - they have been a real labour of love but ones that I am glad to see the back of.  Otherwise it has been a quick trip to Tesco for the latest edition of this magazine - which is quickly becoming my favourite.  When I got home at 10:30  I decided to risk a quick trip up to the beach and walk the dogs - thinking that people may not have got there that early - how wrong could I be!  I managed to get a parking space but then Katie ran off into the crowds,  Being old she gets confused and can't always find you when you call her.   Consequently some poor lady offered to hold Millie whilst I went to fetch Katie - who by now was heading off with the crowds (yes crowds - think Blackpool prom when the lights are on).  I say poor lady - clearly she was kind but, judging by her face when I got back, she instantly regretted hanging on for dear life to Millie - who was doing her level best to pull her over to  me!  That being said - we walked the opposite way to the crowds and had a lovely quiet walk!

Then it was time to wrap up Sewingbuddy's present and get ready for our monthly sewing day at Scamblesby.  I have a small number of projects to sew but each one needed some preparation - fabric being cut out etc - so it all takes time.

Finally tonight sees the monthly volunteering at Louth Playgoers Theatre, where I serve the sweets and ice creams.  You never get to see the show, and I have no idea what play is on, but the theatre only exists because of its team of volunteers so I don't mind helping out.





3 comments:

  1. Agree with your thoughts on the dreadful atrocities in Paris.
    Can just imagine the poor lady trying to keep control of manic Milly!
    Am sure you breathed one huge sigh of relief with the mystery pressies done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes like you finished my labour of loves, phew!
    I am exhausted.
    Will compare tomorrow.
    Looking forward to my present.
    We never heard your news from S . W this week?

    Hope tonight goes o.k
    See you tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put on 2 1/2 pounds - those darned gingerbread muffins / lunches out etc!

      Delete