Tuesday 24 November 2015

Mission Accomplished



Today started early - lots to do, no time to do it in etc etc.  Firstly there were little presents to wrap up for my sewing group tonight.  You may recall that I wanted to put shortbread, mini marshmallows and hot chocolate powder in 3 test tubes and wrap up with ribbon.  Sadly there seems to be a shortage of test tubes so I had to make do with 2 and put them into a cracker - but I think that I've got away with it.




Then there was the fourth star to sew before tonight - with much use of my trusted seam ripper I managed to achieve the target - only to notice a couple of mistakes!  It may not seem much to you but I had several seams to undo and turn around.  The final quilt will have some binding which may hide these errors but I would know that they were there.

Wrong seam
Right seam

















Then it was off out to the cinema.  We had decided to go later today to see The Lady in the Van.  (I really enjoyed the film but would say that it was more poignant than funny and not what I had expected at all.)  Since the film was over lunchtime, Jean, Gretta and I decided to pop into Tesco's and eat at their in house restaurant - Decks.  They served breakfast until 11:30am so we could pick up a bacon bun at least.  I have to say that I was very impressed - £2.95 for a small breakfast ( a normal sized dinner plate which you could fill to your hearts content - and, trust me, some people  created a food mountain - along with toast, crumpets etc.  With a cup of coffee the total cost came in under £5 - very impressive!  Mind you I dread to see what a large breakfast consisted of!



After the film it was back home to complete the stars - well you didn't think that I managed all of that before 10:30am did you?  This sewing project may have been a bit of a rush in the end but it feels good to get to this point for tonight.  Now I just need to mark all four stars!









1 comment:

  1. I fancy seeing that film when its available to download, so no spoilers please!
    Well done on the unripping....I would be tempted to leave it!

    ReplyDelete