Sunday 22 November 2015

My new best friend - the seam ripper!

I don't know about you but the weather here has been freezing all day!  We have alternated between sunshine, sleet, rain and darkness - you might even say that the weather has been biblical!

So - the morning started sewing some hand sewn hexagons in front of my 8am Create and Craft. sewing fix.  I have 19 hexagon snowflakes to swap, have swapped 2 and have completed another 3 to pop in the post.  I therefore spent the next 20 minutes or so writing out all the envelopes so that I can keep track as to where I am up to. 

Then it was time for church.  We have invested heavily in a new heating system - which is great when it gets going - but .......  Let's just say that my hands were red for quite some time!  After church I played Father Christmas - delivering all of the prizes to the raffle winners from yesterday - believe me when I say that its nice to be greeted with beaming smiles!

After a warming lunch of soup, I then set to making another star for my Tuesday evening quilt.  In my dreams I will have made all 4 stars by Tuesday evening so that I can draw the quilting patterns on them.  However they are taking far longer than you might think.  The good old seam ripper came to the fore - I have possibly undone more seams than sewn (hence the title of today's blog).  So - I am now halfway through and ill possibly have to settle with only 3 stars - but I will push on!!





The final job for the daylight - and, trust me, that was fading fast by the time that I got around to it - was to clear up more leaves for the garden refuse bin.  The strong winds yesterday have blown them around the front door - you have to wade through them to get out!


Tonight?  Well the fire is now lit, tea is on and I am heading towards finishing mum's present - shh, don't tell her!

1 comment:

  1. I have a pile of leaves just like that waiting to be cleared...am waiting for the wind to die down and the weather warm up a tad...too bitter to tackle it right now.

    ReplyDelete