Thursday 26 November 2015

Today Matthew - I want to be .........

....... totally self indulgent.


Yep - I have had a ball today doing what I want, when I wanted and, (this is the point when you call the doctor - I am fading fast) I haven't done much sewing again.

Let me explain.  Katie woke me up just after 6am barking at Millie who was annoying her.  Now you have to remember that I hadn't slept much the night before and so really needed a lie in.  So -I headed back to bed to snooze with the radio on. Now I didn't go to sleep, you understand, but when Chris Evans announced the 9 o'clock news I thought that I should get up.  I will then admit to sewing some hexagons together towards another snowflake whilst watching some daytime tv but, at 10:30 am, I then decided to go out and do some chores. 

First up was the hand car wash.  I do feel a little strange getting someone wise to clean my car whilst I wash - but they do a fantastic job.  Living in the country the car gets filthy quite quickly and it's lovely sitting in a newly cleaned car. By now it was getting towards noon and so I stopped off at the garden centre.  I didn't particularly want to buy anything but you can get some inspirations and I will admit to taking a photo or two of the decorations in case I want to make one.   I then made my way to the cafĂ©, intending to buy a coffee and a piece of cake -but when I saw their steak pie ......  well - its saves cooking tonight!  Some might think that its lonely to eat on your own - but give me my kindle and I am fine.  Not only that I keep seeing people that I knew and had a right old goss!  So - if you're reading this thinking that you could never have a meal out on your own- go for it (but take a book just in case!)

Next stop was Lidl's - we had had a magazine in the weekend paper with some money off vouchers so I wanted to use them and see what else took my fancy.  Then it was on to Tesco's for the grocery shop - plus goodies for a couple of "pack ups".  I am out all day in Nottingham on Saturday so will need something quick for tea and am out all day in Harrogate on Sunday so will need a pack up for the coach home.  Oh my social life - its hectic here!  Did I mention that its the Book Club Christmas party tomorrow night as well?  After filling the car up with petrol the next stop was to Trotters Trading to buy some picture hooks.  My Christmas decorations will go up next week and I have a nice gingerbread sign waiting to be put in its place.  Finally - and I will admit to being pooped now - it was back to the new butchers in the village for some more of their lovely pork sausages.   Bad move -really bad move!  I came out with some Suffolk dry cure bacon to try plus some pork, leek and blue cheese sausages.  (You can actually see the lumps of blue cheese under the skin - mmmmmmm). 

So -  no sewing machine usage yet again.  Something is seriously wrong!!


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had turned into a teenager again...lying in bed till goodness knows when with the radio on!
    Never had a hand car wash, only ever done the drive in ones, but there are so many around I need to pluck up the courage sometime, although it would seem cruel to deny the kids of earning a bit of pocket money!
    No sewing again....take your temperature, I think you are coming down with something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should you have had that steak pie, isn't it s.w tonight!
    Those sausages sound delicious.
    Trotters is a great shop,morning you can't find in that shop, and so cheap.
    Where are you off to Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No - I shouldn't have had the pie but hey ho! On Saturday I'm off to see Michael Ball in Mack and Mabel - I've been wanting to see this show for years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a busy few days ahead, let's hope you get some sleep.
    Enjoy the show,

    ReplyDelete