Thursday 5 November 2015

NCR (Not Craft Related)

Well - I am not saying that I did no sewing but since it was of the secret Christmas kind then clearly I cannot talk about it.  However I have been busy.  Apart from  general tidying around the house, my first outing was to a local farm that has opened an on site butchers shop selling their wares.  The village is agog with the news so I thought that it was worth checking out.  Whilst I haven't had time to try the produce yet , the meat looks fantastic and the prices are really reasonable.  Talking to them if the butchers takes off then they are planning to set  up their own on site bakery as well - our village lost both its butchers and bakery a couple of years ago so this is a nice introduction.  The fact that its down the road from me is even better!



Next up was some cake baking.  It is the WI tonight (we are listening to someone talking about Astraphysics for Dummies!) and all take something for a shared supper.  Naturally I didn't have enough flour etc and had to nip out to the shops but have made a couple of "bonfire cakes" - apple and sultanas cake - suitable for today eh?

Finally - in terms of NCR activity - it was time for some loads of washing, as well as the inevitable ironing pile.  How does it grow so quickly!!!

As for the craft - well I can report that it wasn't all sewing - let's just say that felt pens and printing played a part!!  I will say no more!

By the way - we have crashed through the 9000 views barrier - I am so grateful to everyone who has taken the time to read this simple blog.  When we went through the 8000 barrier I published the audience figures - ie how many views from around the world - and there has been a lot of feedback.  So - here goes - these are the page view figures for the last month - broken down by country:-


Pageviews by Countries

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
United Kingdom

1376
United States

390
Australia

65
Russia

54
Netherlands

44
Germany

19
Ireland

16
France

4
Costa Rica

1
Portugal
 
1

Do you think I can claim to be an international blog writer?  I don't think that I will be changing my occupation on the passport just yet!






4 comments:

  1. You didn't mention the headache?
    Hope that means it's better?
    Was the sewing today the mystery Xmas thingys, that are labour of loves?
    Cakes look good.
    Have a good time tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say that I am feeling delicate1 Yep - part of today's craft were the mystery gifts but ran out of something vital so got stopped in my trackers. I could order online but am shopping tomorrow so will see if I can locate the vital item then.

      Delete
  2. .,???????
    Got me thinking now,
    What could it be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm to the cakes! How wonderful to have a new shop and possibly a new bakers!
    Well done on the 9000 threshold! Isn't it amazing to see all those countries! What always intrigues me is....are they repeat viewers or new ones? Will we ever know?

    ReplyDelete