Wednesday 11 November 2015

It's wednesday so it must be ......




.....college - so that's more apples then!  Today we continued with the apples theme but this time using a  variety of colourful techniques to create our apple.  My personal jury is out but I guess that you could always take a photo if you wanted a lifelike representation.






On the way home we stopped off at B & Q to buy some silk emulsion tester pots - only to find that they don't do tester posts in silk emulsion!!  Why do we need the paint?  Apparently if you paint two different coats onto calico - letting it dry in between and then rub hard you can create a leather like effect which can be sewn through - who knew!

When I got home, and gave in to the dogs who were begging for a chew, it was time to complete a few "odds and ends" jobs - competing the penultimate part of Sewingbuddy's present, collecting the leaves up and putting out the garden refuse bin (that's a thankless task - the trees were laughing at me as they shed more leaves!), sorting the dishwasher out etc.  Then I took advantage of the lovely and unseasonal weather to walk the dogs.  Normally there are about 4 cars in the car park but, with the seals giving birth, the car park was choc-a-block and we were lucky to find a space. 

After going online and sourcing next term's materials - it's a whole new language - metal shim??????  I settled down to the three mystery presents.  I have few commitments over the next three days and really want to see the back of these three - well that's my aim anyway!!

By the way - last night I completed my first star and a quite proud of the way the diamonds meet properly.  However we only have two weeks left this term and so the race is now on to complete the other three stars - yikes!!!!!!! 



3 comments:

  1. Another busy but creative day! We had seasonal weather this end....wet and dreary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to be fussy but dry and cold would be good at this time of year - I've turned the heating off again!

      Delete
  2. Like the apples, and your star has perfect points.
    Keep soldiering on with the mystery gifts,
    Think how satisfying it will be when finally done!
    And am intrigued to know what my present is?

    ReplyDelete