Saturday 21 November 2015

A visit from Santa



Today's activities were dominated by the Church's Christmas Fair.  First up was the baking of cakes (two cherry and two apple & sultana) then it was onto the organisation of raffle prizes.  I did manage to get a little sewing in whilst the cakes were cooking - but not much!  I don't know about you but we had rain, gales, sunshine and sleet this morning so it didn't look good for the event.





Our church fair is, I suspect, typical on many a village fair up and down the country.  Teas, cake stalls, tombola and Raffle - not to mention a quick visit from Santa.  It's the look on the little children's faces when they meet him that gets you every time (don't worry - I have got permission for these photos).  As we suspected, attendance was lower than usual -but we managed to make around £500 which is not bad for the three hour event (last year there were far more people and the event made £700- just to keep it in perspective).  My job, as you might have guessed from above, was to run the raffle - and I did manage to win two prizes (although I didn't pick my own two tickets out I should add!) 

The only downside to the event was the siting of our stall - directly opposite a fabulous and incredibly tempting craft stall - "Poppy Came Too". It was full of really good ideas - I just wish that I had thought of them!  (Check out this snowman chocolate bar!)  If you get a chance then use the link here to look at her Facebook page.  Suffice to say that Wendy, who came to help me sell tickets - thank you Wendy - you won a prize as well - and I spent far to much on that stall.  Well it would have been rude not to!






So - tonight?  Well the snow is lying on he car and it is officially freezing.  Cue  a night in with the coal fire lit and some patchwork on my lap - oh and Strictly at Blackpool - what bliss!






1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good day at the fair.
    Like you am sitting around the fire waiting for X factor.
    Been a lovely day here sunny but cold and windy,
    And we did lose our electric for 2 hrs this morning.

    ReplyDelete