Sunday 22 January 2017

Becoming reacquainted with an old friend - the seam ripper

Today was a Scamblesby sewing day.  You must be sued to tis by now - a group of like minded women sewing their variety of projects whilst enjoying pleasant company, lots of talking and eating - well done to Terry for her bread pudding!




So what did I get up to?  Well I decided to take some Splendid Sampler blocks to catch up on.  Boy was I being optimistic!  By lunchtime I had sewn, undone, sewn undone countless times - to the point where I started to think that I might need to start again!  Eventually, however, I managed to finish it - but I REALLY don't like foundation paper piecing!








Then I needed some "messing around" time so I sewed Jean's scraps together - not sure what I will do with this creation but it helped me to refocus before starting a second block.  This was of the more traditional variety but, sadly, I haven't finished it yet.






Once home, brrrrrrr is it cold out there - you don't realise when you've been sat next to a heater all day, it was time to attend to the pooches before tracing a couple of diagrams ready to embroider at tomorrow's craft group.  It is the start of a new project which will, I hope result in a small sewing bag.



Keep warm everyone xx

No comments:

Post a Comment