Wednesday 4 January 2017

A shared moment of laughter

Today was one of my regular visits to Meadowhall in order to meet up with Trish and Julia.  Arriving half an hour before them, I put my time to good use by planning the sewing that needs to be done in January - I am planning to finish one UFO each month this year and am starting with one of the largest - the "A Quilter Lives Here" quilt started January 1st 2015!.  I think that there is just one panel to go (have started it, not happy with it so will start again) plus the centre one to finish, borders to each panel to be added, a boarder on the whole quilt, layering with backing and wadding, then quilting before binding.  Not much to do in the next 27 days then!

After enjoying a lengthy catch up we meandered up to a department store to check out the sales and decided to have lunch there.  I was really impressed with the décor of the café - I don't know whether this picture has come out well enough but the walls had quotes from famous Yorkshire people - from Charlotte Bronte to Michael Palin!  I had fish for lunch but, sadly, had one bite to find it either undercooked or mushy.  At that moment in time, the waitress asked if everything was all right and I told her my concern.  She, very professionally, took it away, returned from the chef to say that a probe had been used to check the temp but could they offer and new meal or something else from the menu.  When I declined they promptly refunded the cost of the meal.  (I then had a smoked salmon sandwich from M & S on the way home so didn't starve!)

After another lengthy chat - are you seeing a pattern here yet? - we then meandered back (me towards the car park and the others to check out the sales for baby clothes).  As we said goodbye, Trish reminded me that we would see each other in a couple of weeks time when we go to see Strictly - the live tour.  At that point we both broke into the theme tune, turned around to see a lady laughing with us (nope I definitely don't think that she was laughing at us - honest!) and it struck me that it was a lovely shared moment.

Tonight, I can therefore reveal, is back on track with some preparation needed for some sewing projects.  Normal service is being resumed!

2 comments:

  1. What a day! Sounds like a near perfect day, dodgy lunch aside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day today it was very cold but sunny I am with my husband at the hospital ER he is 73 and had a cold and I took him in to see his doctor Tuesday and after X-ray results she put him on antibiotics and a breathing treatment but by to day Thursday he was having dificultilty breathing so straight to ER
    He has had a breathing treatment , X-ray , chest CT and blood work now waiting on results so no sewing tonight or watching the TV and missing most of all my dinner of course he is not feeling well so has no thought of being hungry but I am and it is too late for food here
    When we get home I'll make some (?) eggs yes eggs a warm quick meal

    ReplyDelete