Sunday 14 January 2018

A weekend round up

My soul responsibility yesterday was to volunteer at the theatre in the evening and today's was to look after the Bishop's wife  at church (she didn't come but it was a good service).  Consequently I have had quite a large amount of time on my hands to do housework catch up on some planned sewing projects (well - you know how I like to spin those plates!).


In between dog walks at the beach (thank goodness I got a nice hat and some gloves for Christmas - its freezing!), I cut out a couple of parts of a Christmas gift, cut out and prepared a kit for the sewing retreat in March and made an actual gift - and that was just Saturday.




Today arrived and, once home from church and dogs walked (plus a load in the washing machine),     I then turned my mind to doing some more of THAT bag!  When I was at Belchford on Wednesday, I had forgotten to take a completed pocket - today I focused on finishing the front of the bag, fixing some feet, sorting out the lining and preparing the sides.  That should mean that Sewingbuddy and I are now at the same stage and can look forward to finishing the bag together on Wednesday (ever hopeful eh?)  I must say that a bag which takes 5 days to make is not my favourite bag to repeat - but my mind is already ticking over about other possibilities!  Ooops - watch this space - Sewingbuddy said this would happen!


Once the bag was ready for it's Wednesday finale. my thoughts turned to tracing some embroidery.  I have completed the first month of Gail Pan's stitchery BOM but she also included a pattern for a bag (yes I know!!) using one of the stitcheries - well, it would be rude not to given the effort she has made!







ON a "Non-stitching front" -yes I do do some things that aren't sewing related! - I have agreed to do the 2018 Book Bucket List challenge.  As it so happened I heard an author talking about her new book on the Graham Norton Radio show yesterday and it sounded good - it arrived today so I can start to read it and tick off number 2 (it was published two day ago!).

Talking about shopping - the clothes I ordered for the Cruise arrived yesterday -including the two black dresses that I couldn't choose between.  Well, as it happened, it was an easy choice - one (the more expensive one) just felt cheap and not right - so it's going back.  Joining it will be a "miracle vest" - bought to help me fit into the first dress with a smooth contour - it turns out that it would be a miracle if it fitted anyone!!  And, by the way, I do mean ANYONE!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying this bucket reading challenge. For the series one, I've started reading 'Blue Monday' by Nicci French. I'm guessing you've probably read it as it's part of the Frieda Klein series Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. would like to have been a fly on the wall when the miracle vest was tried... hee hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh please do not buy another "squeeze you tight and uncomfortable" for vanity.

    The only thing I truly like about my current "over weightnees" is I am no longer that vain person I was 6 sizes smaller

    I really am ok with wearing the same clothes to the same event and not changing earrings for each outfit

    For me had I been able to drop a few dress sizes I would rather be comfortable and let a roll show under the dress that be squeezed so all my rolls are smoothed out

    Gosh your body "shape" will change as you become smaller in the same but different as your body has changed shape over the years

    Be comfortable it's your vacation to enjoy (but watch every bite) not being pinched and pulled into a smooth shape

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm with you really Colleen - if you have to be uncomfortable all night then its just not worth it!

      Delete