Tuesday 26 September 2017

Catching up with old friends

Today was my 6 month catch up lunch with old friends from the other side of the country.  Several years ago we found a pub that was central (in terms of time travelling) and so meet up there for a three hour lunch and a good old catch up.  Of course, the fact that it means me driving past Lincoln never upsets me - Lincoln has a Waitrose and, well, erm, I did need to get some diesel after all!  Ironically, Waitrose diesel is no dearer than other supermarkets - just feels a bit posher!






The pub we meet up at is Called The Dovecote Inn and, helpfully from a Slimming World point of view, has its menus listed online.  I therefore had already researched the menu and picked a dish of mushrooms in a cream sauce (don't worry - I left most of the sauce) followed by a salad of chicken and bacon with potatoes - the pesto sauce was left "on the side". Instead of a pudding I just had a coffee which came with its own small truffle chocolate - so all within the allowance - result!!


Of course such a catch up is not all about the food - its about the conversation.  Their children are my godchildren but are now in their 30's -so it's interesting to hear how they are getting on.  Emma, for example, is a production coordinator for the BBC and is currently working on Match Of The Day!



Back home and it's a quick turn around to get everything ready for tonight's sewing class - why do we need so much "stuff"?  I am going to take the (now finished - hurrah) Lynnette Anderson wall hanging to show them - and then it can be hung up on a wall and I can move on to the next project!  Now - which one will I choose?


No comments:

Post a Comment