Friday 22 September 2017

Should I admit this?

I have been REALLY looking forward to today!  Nothing on the calendar, no appointments / trips out / catch up with friends etc - just bunkering down in my own little home and a chance to get on with some jobs that have been nagging me to get down for far too long!  The weather forecast has been sunny for today and cloudy but dry for the weekend - so, as the saying goes, the world is my lobster!  Not only that but the hot water bottle that was glued to my back last night (yes - even during the church meeting) seems to have done its trick with just a niggle left.  So - today was the day - when I planned to roll up my sleeves and start to tick those tasks off!




First up, rather predictably I know, was some sewing.  This Lynette Anderson wall hanging needed its final borders attaching and I had been making a mountain out of the proverbial.  This morning I sat down, focused and completed the task.  Tonight I plan to remove any stray threads and embroider a couple of fence lines (as well as adjusting a couple of border rectangles that have been very naughty and come out of line - that one is for the quilt police!) - then it will be ready for layering up and quilting - hopefully tomorrow.





Housework followed - hovering around / dishwasher filling / bedding washed etc - you know the sort of thing - before heading out into the garden.  As you can see it has been rather neglected recently and needed a good tidy up.  It's amazing what a simple mow and edge trimming can achieve isn't it?  Mind you - I had to leave the mowing longer than I wanted to - the grass was just too wet! Fortunately, I was interrupted by a phone call from Mum and Dad - we then agreed to meet up for a late lunch at a local tea shop - it was so nice that we sat outside.

Enjoying the sunshine, it was then onto the main event -painting the window trim of the she cave.  YES I have had the paint for a year now, but - hey -you can't rush a master piece now can you?  At least I remembered to remove the masking tape straight away this time!  I will add that the plan is to finish the other half tomorrow!

After a nice walk up at the beach with the dogs, I gave myself permission to chill - well, you wouldn't want to put your back out now would you?  I say chill - trying to sort out i-tunes on the new phone is proving more stressful than it should!  I normally have Morecambe and Wise's "Bring me sunshine" as my ringtone and I just cant get used to the generic tone - action is definitely needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment