Monday 25 September 2017

I've got a Golden Ticket!!

I will start by apologising - today's blog will be rather short!  It started, as ever, with The Textile Group where we were trying to deal with the last block from our mystery Christmas wall hanging.  With any luck, some of us will be able to start the quilting of each block next week before we add the sashing!  We did have one new member who was trying to get her old machine to do some free machine embroidery - let's just say that I taught her how to do blanket stitch instead whilst she looks for her manual and more feet than the current one ( a zipper foot!)

After a quick hour back at home - sorting out the craftroom desk and getting the bin ready to put out tonight - it was off to Slimming world via Tesco's.  I was really pleased to see a friend join us - she had wanted to give up entirely last week - and delighted to celebrate Jean losing two pounds and being given her Club 10 award - she has been wanting this award for sooooo long and now only has 7 lbs to lose to get to target.  Me?  Well I lost 2 1/2 lbs so that's not too bad -  but I could still do better so I have asked for a food diary which will need to be given into teacher next week and marked!  Help - that should focus me then!  I only have 6 weeks left before my self imposed deadline and need to lose 19lbs in that time - YIKES!!


And the Golden Ticket reference?  Well, I forgot to say that I did a 5k walk last week for one of those medals that I collect - this time its a Willy Wonka one that opens to reveal the golden ticket - how old am I??????





Tonight I just have 4 buttons to sew onto my Lynette Anderson wall hanging and then - you will be pleased to hear - will be the end of the matter!!  Picture tomorrow - honest!

1 comment:

  1. Cute medal :) You really do need to work hard for that 19lbs...you looked me in the eye and said I WILL LOSE IT!! I know you can do it...keep at it!

    ReplyDelete