Friday 29 September 2017

That's another fine mess that you've got me into!

Yesterday i posed the question "What word would you ban?"  One response was the word "So" at the start of every sentence - and I understand that - when I first started teaching the pupils would randomly say "Left" and I couldn't understand why - until they explained that I started each sentence with the word "Right" -oops!  However, based on today's activities, I want to ban myself saying "Yes" - particularly to yet another craft project!

As I explained yesterday, this weekend sees a "Sewing Retreat" at Scamblesby where we will meet and sew for a whole weekend - so, of course, things have to be cut and prepared, threads organised, bags packed etc.  As per normal, I have more than enough projects to do and take with me - hence the cutting out yesterday afternoon.   Today I carried on with the task -trying to get to the end of the "Saddle Bag" that Louise is teaching us.  Boy, oh boy, does the preparation seem to be never ending - it always seems to take as long to cut out as it does to make it! And, I ask you, why have I said yes?  It's a lovely bag but was it on my "to do" list?  Nope!!!  So, why am I giving over huge chunks of valuable time to make it?  I guess the real answer is that I get too tempted by something different, something new!  As I said, I need to learn how to say no!  Okay - rant over - time to pack the car up.


In between the preparation, I managed to do some washing, ironing and tidying around.  I even managed to sort the downstairs bedroom - it has become rather like a dumping ground now that I am sleeping upstairs so needed a sort out!  It's amazing what a bedspread adds to a room isn't it - I like a duvet but, somehow, a bedspread brings it all together.   Mind you - there was a casualty - the strap on my fitbit keeps breaking so I have emailed the company to see what they suggest that i do.

Tonight is the monthly book club meeting - well, dinner at the local pub (they are trying to make me a sw dinner and pud - it helps that I taught the two landlords when they were 11 - 16 years old doesn't it?), a discussion followed by (probably) an epic failure at the quiz!  It's been three months since I have been to the book club (I was on holiday for one and we don't meet in August) so it will be nice to get back to normal.


2 comments:

  1. Snap sounds like my day , spent all morning cutting and prepping for the bag!
    Why do we do it?
    Still all ready for an enjoyable sewing fest x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, it must be in the genes! When I am busy I find myself walking around the house saying "right..." as I go from one chore to another ( this is never more frequent than when I am packing up for a holiday and I am checking everything is in order.)

    ReplyDelete