Tuesday 5 September 2017

Making way for a new friend - day 2

Well, having got the bit between my teeth yesterday, I carried on sorting and decluttering in the craft room.  I even managed to separate the two halves of the cutting table and moved one to underneath the window sill.  Consequently I came down to this chaos this morning!  I guess they are right when they say "You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs"!!


I had planned to do some sewing and go swimming today - instead it was more of the same-aided and abetted by the awful weather this morning!  As I opened each box / packet it was sorting of fabric into the right colour container and deciding whether to keep it or not (Scamblesby Sausage Roll Group - hope that you bring empty bags next time!)  However, by lunchtime it was still difficult to see much progress!

On a more positive note, it was cold enough to break out one of my favourite kitchen gadgets - the soup maker!  I rustled up a respectable carrot and lentil soup and had some "Smash Scones" with it - very comforting, warm and filling!

Back in the "glory hole" there was more sorting, throwing and organising before chancing my arm with the dogs up at the beach (dodging in between the showers) before heading back and continuing.  I think that I have broken the back of this particular task and am now about to make a start on the work bench (out of shot!).  At least I now (nearly) have a space to put my new friend when she arrives on Thursday!  I should also add that I have enough fabric (especially blue) to keep me going for years and years.  The trouble is - it's not always the right sort!!!!



1 comment:

  1. It will all be worth it! At least we can see the floor now!

    ReplyDelete