Thursday 28 September 2017

Which word would you ban?

 Let's go back to yesterday's blog.  Minutes before writing it, my mother phoned and challenged me to write a post without mentioning the word "sewing".  Since I had spent all day making a  sewing box it was a tad difficult - particularly when my "homework" was some hand sewing - but I managed it!

Today was a "normal" day - I only had to go to two meetings!  This morning it was the WI committee meeting - which lasted nearly 3 hours!!!!!  It was the secretary's birthday and Carine made a Banana and caramel cake whilst Sue brought some chocolate eclairs - I am pleased to report that I avoided both and had a hifi bar with my coffee instead!  I am trying to keep focused on achieving my goal weight by November 8th - but it can be to to avoid the temptations!  I would have taken a photo -but the cake was demolished too quickly!

Back home, and with the sun desperately trying to make an appearance, it was time to walk the dogs and have a light lunch - before heading on out to pick up my monthly prescription and pay the church gardener.  Sometimes its the little jobs that take the time but give the most satisfaction isn't it?










Next on the agenda was some SEWING (there I have said it Mum!) preparation for the weekend.  We are having a "retreat" at Scamblesby (ie we are here for the whole weekend) and so I need to prep some projects - some are Christmas related whilst Louise is teaching us how to sew a handbag (thank goodness I have a stash of fabric to choose from!)  I am also grateful for iplayer etc - its nice to be able to play the tv on the computer whilst I work.  I have actually caught up with Cold Feet now!



Tonight it's another church meeting.  This time someone is coming from "head office" to talk to us about the fact we haven't had a vicar for some time and, I hope, explain what is going on and when the advert is going to be placed!  I can't get my head around why it takes years to fill a vacancy in the Church of England!

1 comment:

  1. What word would I ban??? Well very similar to mum's word "sew" expect mine is "so"...more specifically the starting of a sentence with the word so...it is becoming more and more common and mostly an inappropriate use of the word....just see how many times you hear it this week!

    ReplyDelete