Saturday 23 September 2017

Tonight's the night!




Well, its day 2 of my "Home Fest" - well, everyone is going to some kind of festival these days so I can have my own at home - eh?  The music comes from the radio and the activities are varied!  First up was shed painting - a little known activity on the festival circuit but very satisfying when you stand back and begin to see the end of a task.  (I am hoping that tomorrow lives up to the sunny forecast so that I can finish the she cave).





Then it was onto some housework and dog walking - before heading over to the "craft tent"and starting on the layering up and quilting of the Lynette Anderson wall hanging.  My aim was to finish this by tea time so that I can spend some time tonight sewing in loose ends and tidying up before adding the binding tomorrow.





Then it was onto the "environmental tent" - or rather, tidying up the garden.  With dry weather, it seemed an opportune time to start bringing in the garden furniture, sweeping the area and filling up the green bin.  It kind of feels as if I am beginning to put the garden to bed for the winter!



The final activity for today is scheduled for tonight - don't all festivals have a headline act?  Well, mine is Strictly Come Dancing which starts in earnest tonight - and I can't wait!!!!!  A chance to enjoy good music, good dancing and lots of hand sewing - such bliss!  Maybe everyone should have their own "Homefest"!

3 comments:

  1. One good thing- at least you don't have to worry about wellies , and perching on a bucket in the middle of the night.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete