Friday 1 September 2017

All in the name of research!

Last night's meal was lovely - as I expected it to be - the restaurant does serve very nice steak!

However it was back to a bump today - with an early morning trip to Tesco's to fill the car up with petrol.  We are off to a quilt show tomorrow and I am the back up driver - so the car needed to be prepared!  Whilst I was there, I bought Mum and Dad some doughnuts - some normal ones and a couple of Krispy Kreme ones - they always say that they don't like them (after sharing one many years ago) -well, I think that I may have just converted them! Mind you - I didn't have one!  How good was I? (If you carry on reading then you will realise I am not the angel I start the day being!)

Back home and my excitement levels rose as I mopped the floors - I really know how to live now don't I?  Whilst I walked the dogs - in the sunshine - the jets were practising overhead.  My cousin's husband is fascinated by them and I was reminded how lucky I was that this is an (nearly) everyday event for me!

Back home and my phone went -it was Mum - "Fancy trying out the new Appleby's?" the text said.  She was referring to a local cafe that shut down and has just been reopened.  They were known for their ice cream which I didn't rate - it was too powdery for my liking.  So, when we met, it was naturally the choice to make.  I just had two scoops - black cherry and salted caramel -and have to say that it was much better than I remember it being! We were served by an ex student who said some very nice and complimentary things about me and the school - always nice to hear!


No comments:

Post a Comment