Saturday 16 September 2017

You are never alone!

This morning was a little strange!  In the summer, when I popped into Doughty's in the summer, you may recall, I bought some scrap fabric bags which proved to be extremely good value!  Doughty's - a fabric store for the uninitiated - take their fabric on a tour around the country and, today, had set up in a community hall about an hour away.  I therefore contacted them to see of they could bring some scrap bags with them - which they agreed to do. This is a long way round to explaining why, on a wet Saturday morning, I set off on a two hour round trip to pick up three bags of fabric scraps!




The hall looked resplendent - with all of the fabric bolts set out - and ladies (yes I didn't see any men) jostling to see what's available and then waiting patiently in line with an average of 5 bolts in their arms waiting to be cut.  Me?  Well, I bought a reel of cotton - and the three scrap bags!






Meanwhile, who should I see - but Pat and Terry!  Of course we had to catch up over a cuppa and Terry had to show me her wares - gentling checking that I was feeling okay after not buying anything.  As I left, feeling very virtuous, she did then remind me about a class that we are both taking so she did get me some batiks for it - but still, I did well to avoid the temptation - surely?


Back home, and a lunch of homemade soup, it was down to some church admin before a, erm, power nap.  I must admit to feeling very cold - probably because I am so tired and hopefully not coming down with anything.  Tonight I am off out again for my monthly volunteering at the theatre - ironically, selling ice cream.

1 comment: