Tuesday 22 May 2018

Three years on!

When I started this blog, I was on the verge of retirement.  It happened quicker than I thought and so I hadn't had time to prepare myself - both practically and mentally - and had no idea about what was ahead of me.  Three years on, and with the anniversary of my last day being today, I can look back with pride about what has been achieved.  I sew for England, my parents have moved closer so I see them weekly, I have lost 75 pounds in weight, lost Katie - my Golden Retriever - and Daisy has bounded into my life .....in fact it has been a real roller coaster.  Now, however, all good things must come to an end.  I have decided to end writing this blog (it was only meant to last the first year of retirement anyway) and so wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who has read my ramblings and taken the time to comment on them.  It's been a blast!

Just to take us back to the beginning ..... these were the first two posts.  It seems such a long time ago now!

Well - here it is. After nearly 50 years in education - both woman and child - the alarm clocks can be turned off at last.  So - what happens - Katie ( my golden retriever) wakes me up at 5:30am!  I have no idea what awaits me on my final day at work but I guess it's bound to be an emotional one.  I guess that curling up into a ball and falling asleep isn't really an option?



Well yesterday went well - got through loads of tissues and was genuinely moved by the wonderful words expressed by staff, students and parents.  I have never had so many hugs, flowers and chocolates.  In fact I am still on a high!

So far I suspect that I am not giving retirement the thought that it needs.  The next three days will see me in church at their yarn bombing fund raising event - selling raffle tickets as usual.  Tuesday is a free day and then I am in school for two days revising with the students.  But I shall then hand in my keys and walk off into the sunset.

Scary but exciting!


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have decided to stop writing your blog Lynda, I have enjoyed following your daily posts but, I understand how time-consuming it can be and you have done really well writing for two years more than you originally intended! Congratulations on all you have achieved! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I have misread. Did you say you mean to stop writing a daily blog(?) so therefore perhaps you'll continue to blog (?) but not daily?
    I do enjoy reading what you have to say as I am in California USA and have not travelled so I get a chance to peek into a different country that for the most part understands the same language
    What ever you do I wish the best for you and your journey of weight loss and sewing/crafting and church and family matters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My intention is to stop Colleen - but that doesn't mean that I won't get the urge to blog every now and again! Wishing you and your family all the best - thanks for following me x

      Delete