Sunday 20 May 2018

Blame Sewingbuddy - it's her fault again mum - honest!












Today Wendy, and her sister in law, took me to a local quilt show.  There were lots of lovely quilts on display and many wonderful ideas for using up your scraps (of which I have a few!).  My eyes were particularly drawn to this red quilt - only to find that it was designed by the sewing teacher at my monthly sewing class!!











We also bumped into Sewngbuddy and Ev - which is where my tale of woe starts!  As we perused the stall selling fabric, I decided to buy some pink fabric to make another clutch bag for the wedding in Tuscany.  After I had paid, Sewingbuddy found some fabric which the stall holder then took out a matching piece to complement it - AND Sewingbuddy found another contrast as well - so I had to have them - now didn't I?   They will make a stunning retreat bag after all.   THEN, as we sat down for a cuppa, Sewingbuddy INSISTED that I try her cake - I ask you!  Any weight on tomorrow is completely and utterly down to her!  On the way out I bought some tombola tickets and won this bag - talk about "coals to newcastle"!










We came home via a craft show where I bought a wooden key ring to act as a zipper pull for the aforementioned retreat bag.  After a lovely sunny dog walk you would think that I needed the proverbial lie down - but nope, it was off out into the garden to mow the lawn - only to find that I hadn't charged the battery up and so could only do a third before putting the battery onto charge.  Lie down time then?  Nope - weeding the side border and releasing the rhubarb!


With an indoor break to catch up with The Archers and prepare for the Textile Group tomorrow, it was then off outside again to finish the lawn before settling down to start on side 4 of the embroidery box.

I will finish my homework in time.
I will finish my homework in time.
I will ....

2 comments:

  1. What a busy day! I love that red quilt too, it is stunning! Have a lovely week! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can Make Your Body a Fat-Burning Machine using this brand new manual. millions of people use this manual.100% Successful. Don't miss out . more details link below> https://tinyurl.com/yb7xexor

    ReplyDelete