Sunday 12 July 2015

A silly old day

Image result for swedish peg bagIronically woke up early (around 6:45 am) so got up.  Not only was it my weekly pill to take which you have to take 1 hour before food or drink, but it was also the weekly sewing programme on Create and Craft at 8am.  Thankfully I wasn't tempted to buy anything but you usually pick up an idea or two.  Mind you I did order a pattern later in the day for this - can you guess what it is?









Before cutting down to size
I then moved on to complete one of the challenges - July's patchwork block.  I belong to a facebook "Quilting Bee" page and this month the Queen Bee has asked for a 14 1/2" block made from scraps but doesn't mind the size of each piece - so I raided my stash!!!  I am Queen Bee in September and am thinking of extremely bright colours with a black sashing so that it's almost a stained glass effect.







Then it was time for church.  Today's sermon was an interesting one - linking the request for John the Baptist's head to the work of ISIS and the concept of radicalisation - posing the question - should we blame the young people being radicalised or the people doing the radicalising.  The church was also a building site with safety barriers everywhere - we are having a new heating system installed so the dusting of seats was in order!

After a lunch of cheese and broccoli pasta, it was time for a read of the sunday papers and a short nap before tackling the utility room.  In order to paint the room I will have to move the drier and washing machine from one side to the other.  I have, therefore dusted and swept the side you can see, and as far as I can behind each machine, but suspect that there is more to find when I move the machines over!!  The floor will also need some scrubbing but it looks as if the tiles have been scratched - the door mat will cover them I think though.  I even have a small catch to fit into the brabantia bin so the padded brick could go!






Whilst tidying out the room I came across 5 unused floor tiles.  Locally we have a freely given facebook page - so I posted a message and someone is coming to pick them up by the end of the day - it all helps to make the world go around!



By now the temperature was still high but the rainclouds were gathering in force so tidying and hoovering were the order of the day - it saves me doing it tomorrow and I can therefore get straight on with the painting.  I also put a load into the washing machine - I am constantly checking the drain and am elated each time that it doesn't overflow - it was worth the cost for the entertainment alone!

I also spent a few minutes starting to sort my fabric stash.  I have read somewhere about folding the fabric - almost like mini bolts - and then standing them on their end like books so that you can easily see what you have got.  I used comic boards from Amazon in the centre.






Then it was time for dinner - smoked cod, new potatoes, carrots, broccoli and peas - I have done it - possibly the hardest challenge so far!!!!! No more "no meat" challenges please baby brother!  My only consolation is that he is away on a short holiday so is possibly even more tempted that I have been!  He has just sent me this picture from the IKEA café trying to persuade me that he's having salmon and chips whilst Sue is having the meatballs - hmmmm!


Finally - and this is for Happymum - here is a picture of the long dress that I bought on Friday for my holiday.

Footnote
Tomorrow being Monday I have had no suggestions yet as to what the difference was in last Monday's pictures!!  Now come on - you asked to play the game!!

7 comments:

  1. Love the dress...and it has short sleeves too....a lot of the long dresses seem to be strapless or thing straps.
    Re the game...is it only one crate by the dresser this time?
    Had to laugh at what is hanging on the line...it looked like it was a lifesize wigwammy thing right next to the conservatory! I was thinking....is it a little hideout to sit in the garden maybe!! What a lot of effort I thought..and wont it get dirty on the ground?! Then I looked again and saw it was something hanging on the line...but what it is...no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know I have had some trouble with commenting on your blog, I'm not sure what I have done but I think I may have sorted it apart from my name.
    Well done on another interesting account. I think the answer to the game has already been mentioned.!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry - both of you are wrong. Looking at the sofas there is a cookery book on the small side tables, and the table end has some table mats on the window sill.

    1-0 to moi!!

    Any more guesses re the wigwam?

    ReplyDelete
  4. but there is only one crate as opposed to more...right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose being on the washing line should have given it away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep - it's a peg bag. I love the unusual shape!

    ReplyDelete