Wednesday 22 July 2015

Crafty,caring, cultured - how would you describe your day in 3 words?

So - my day started lazily - dozing in bed until 8:30am.  I had been awoken earlier by a friend who had woken up early - excited because she is retiring tomorrow.  She is working in my old school and has left her lasting mark on the school - having designed the new school badge which the new academy will use from September.  So the caring aspect of the title refers to the present that I drove over to her house this morning.  I am hoping that coming home - worn out from a penultimate working day - her mood and spirits will be lifted by an unexpected gift.






The crafty aspect of the title should be fairly self explanatory, given the nature of my hobbies.  However I have been trying for the past couple of days to make sense of a knitting pattern for a baby bolero.  We have a village horticultural and craft show which I like to support by submitting some entries but am struggling to make this pattern work - I have pulled it out three times!! I just knew that Happymum would look at it for me and tell me where I am going wrong so I sent it over to her.  In return I saw this and thought of her when I was out shopping - its waiting to say thankyou Happymum!













There were also classes for an embroidered item and a cross stitch item.  With no time to start something afresh I came across these two pieces in my stash - me thinks two cushions might be in order.  They might need an iron though!









View image on TwitterThe cultured aspect comes from tonight's activity - watching the RSC live screening of The Merchant of Venice at the local cinema.  I studied this at school and am really looking forward to both the performance and the memories that it will bring back.  Perhaps more importantly Wendy and I have pledged to watch every RSC live screening over the next 6 years or so - they are screening everyone of Shakespeare's first folio -around 36 of them.  We are almost into double figures and have watched a number of plays that we have never seen before!  We are also talking about going to Stratford and watching the last one live!





The rest of the day was just nahhhhhh - it has been a grey day and I didn't really feel compelled to do too much (I'm pacing myself mother!!)





6 comments:

  1. Ooo! A present for moi!! Why thank you....just up my street :)
    Glad to be of assistance!
    Love the cross stitch. What a happy find!
    Am sure your friend will love retirement as much as you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew that you were collecting them but couldn't remember the colours that you already had

      Delete
  2. Moody, Mindful, and Mysterious. They are my three words!
    Moody -because of some difficult decisions we had to make this morning!
    Mindful-because of all the good things we have been so blessed with!
    Mysterious-because I haven't a clue as to what to have for dinner!??
    My present husband had to have a tooth out this morning and can't eat anything to solid at the moment, so what I had planned is not possible, I think it will have to be double 'minced' lamb - shepherds pie. That's his favourite meal,mso that should cheer him up.
    Hope you get you pattern sorted out, if any one can do it, it will be Happymum. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My day in three words....."full of surprises!"
    I think there are only three colours and I have them so they all my additional purchases will be doubles. :)
    JD...doesn't sound like a good day at all :( ((hugs)) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My better half chose one word to sum herself up - knackered! I would probably go with untidy, disorganised and determined! (My better half helped with two of those words - can you guess which two). Bonnie is cute, stupid and (dis)loyal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She shouldn't put herself down x

    ReplyDelete