Monday 27 July 2015

I'm too busy - however did I find time to work?

Don't you just hate those people who say this?  I used to think "you're just too smug for you're own good" - then I found myself saying it!!  Last night was a classic example.  It was nearly 10pm and I was falling asleep so contemplating an early night.  Cue a text from my mother - "Can you settle an argument" (that's code for I've got some work for you darling!)  There had been a discussion about how a relative died at the age of 2 - her Aunt said that the young girl had died from being scolded by boiling water.  Mum seemed to recall measles being mentioned - that was my git instinct as well.  Cue a trawl through all the certificates that I had ordered when I was researching the family tree.  After a lot of searching I was able to reveal that my instinct was right - Measles!  However that was not before my mother suggested that completing the family tree ought to be a project this year!!

Of course I have my 52 challenges - last week I managed to have my hair dyed purple and started to collect things that were purple.  Ironically I did not find many but managed to put this collection together.  The young lad with a purple t shirt is a 12 year old former student of mine who I bumped into whilst watching Shakepeare at the cinema last week - he gave his permission for the photo to be on the blog (and so did his mother!)  I was pleased to see such a young person enjoying the classics.







So - on to today.  The postman bought me some lovely fabrics to be used for a Christmas present or two.  Again the people concerned may read this blog so shall remain nameless and the creation will not be shown.  But, in colour, I am really pleased with the fabrics.








For lunch I was inspired by Happymum and dug out my diablo.  This may become my secret pleasure - oh the joy of a toasted cheese and bacon sandwich - mmmmmm. Its not exactly slimming world but the weather today has been cold and rainy - miserable in fact!  I have taken to using a hot water bottle to keep me warm.  However I did have to mourn the passing of my favourite little saucepan - the handle looks as if it is about to fall apart!




I also looked again at the Christmas present that I started yesterday and mis-cut the fabric.  Rather than starting again I added a contrasting trim which will save me some time.






Apart from the above and a long meeting about church finances and how we were going to pay a large heating bill for a new heating system, Monday has been a day of tidying around and hovering - quite domesticated really.  The drains and conservatory are coping well with the rain (money well spent there!) and the evening holds some tidying out of boxes ready for the big clear out of the hall for the painters.  Well - there just may be some hand sewing squeezed in as well of course!  I know how to  live after all!

Oops - nearly forgot - today's conservatory photos.  Notice how the lovely model is spread-eagled across the sofa to ensure that Phil appreciates its a different photo!




7 comments:

  1. Hmmmm!! It might be me BUT I can't see any pictures of the Conservatory! Was it an oversight or maybe it is not up to being photographed! No surely not.
    Of course you haven't got time to work, just look at all you have achieved since you have retired.xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was today's test - just to see if you were looking hard enough! The photos have now been uploaded!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something folded on the outdoor shoe box and maybe something removed from the little table near the settee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris has very kindly suggested a new challenge for you with all this spare time you have! It is to source thirty free McDonald's minion toys (they are currently giving these out with the kids meals so should have some left when they change the offer) and/or thirty free kinder egg plastic shells - both would be good before the next half term finishes!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well how funny.....we have already started collecting for you! We have two here and were going to ask if you want the free ebook and the £1 voucher for a book in Smiths which should retail at £2.99

    ReplyDelete
  6. How kind of her to add to the challenges - isn't it lucky that Happy mum has made a start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are both stars - wouldn't mind one of the e-books!

    ReplyDelete