Tuesday 14 July 2015

Il s'agit d'une nouvelle aube, c'est un nouveau jour, son une nouvelle vie pour moi et je me sens bien.

Happy Bastille Day x

So - I woke up thinking that I must put that in the blog today - but have now forgotten it.  Is this old age or what?  Today is overcast and grey - but its Tuesday so it's .......... (sorry - I can't hear you !!)

Yep - its time for the pictures and the senior screen.  Today's offering was "The age of Adeline" - quite a slow and gentle film based on the premise what would life be like if you never got any older than 39 whilst all around you are aging.  After the film Jean and I opted for a Carvery just around the corner from the cinema - you may recall that we are aiming to try a different place every time.




On the way home we passed through Grainthorpe (a local village) and spotted this amazing offering as part of their scarecrow festival - just for Phil!







Then it was time for the paint clothes to go on and start the second half of the utility room.  I don't mind the walls - its the ceiling that I hate!! As I was up there I emptied the light fitting of these flies who have given their lives to the cause - its one of those covered light fittings so heavens knows how they get in!!  There will need to be a second coat of paint tomorrow but at least I am getting somewhere.

I have also decided to make some fabric baskets to go on the shelves - again they are all the rage and use up some stash - miss sensible again!

Unfortunately, whilst painting, I had an email from a shop called Patchwork Chicks. I love their products and often head for their stalls at the shows.  Wendy and I had booked a "Lynette Anderson Workshop and talk" to celebrate my birthday but the email informed me that Lynette Anderson had cancelled the workshops due to an operation that she has just had.  I am gutted!!  However Wendy and I have decided to leave the offered refund with the shop since we are going for another workshop in September - this will then leave us with guilt free spends!  (I am ringing the shop tomorrow - Wendy and I may come up with a better plan by then!!)  Instead Wendy has suggested that we go out for afternoon tea for my birthday instead. mmmmm



Then it was time to collect the raspberries - at the moment I am collecting this many every day - we are doing well!  Tea will be some form of snack / salad after that large roast dinner today and I am planning to make a start on the fabric baskets this evening - even if its just cutting out the fabric (that detail is just for Terry who complains that I never give her any details about what I get up to in the evening!)







Have just remembered what I forgot this morning - did you see it?  Did you hear it?  The hills are alive sang forth from the tv.  The Great British Bake Off is on its way back!!! Hurrah!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. So what are the odds of both our titles being in French! Although yours is rather more wordy than mine...but then I didn't know it was Bastille day!
    Loving the scarecrows!! Gross....to the flies!!!
    Shame about the workshop, am sure you will get on another one sometime though.
    Looking forward to seeing the shelves, how organised and pretty your house is going to look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool scarecrow - I want them! (Just have to persuade the misses of the benefits!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the scarecrows. All those flies ugggggghhh!! Imagine what it is going to look like when it is finished. P.s. made a gluten free fabless sponge today, delicious!! You must give it a go.xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fat less or just fabulous?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fat less with a twist!!!?x

    ReplyDelete