Thursday 16 July 2015

Another day - another roof job (the last for a while I hope!!)

Lets start with last night - the Stitch and Sew club met at Lynette's for the first time and were treated to a tour of the garden.  When I asked her what to put on the blog, her immediate response was the pond - so ta da!!  the fish are particularly impressive!



Today I woke up early  and spent a few minutes sorting out the bathroom and throwing a number of items that for some reason I have kept for far too long on the window sill - the empty wind up torch box (for goodness sake!!)  Then it was time to assemble the four storage baskets and fill them with goodies to put on the shelves - have I got a hoarding problem? - in my defence everything you see was free or very cheap!






Then it was time to pick Jean up and head for Grimsby - I had some shopping to do and she was meeting her daughter and going to travel by bus - that seemed daft to me so I took her in and picked her up later.  In the meantime I did a little Tesco shop and then wondered around Dunelm (well I had still had £7.07 left on my gift card!!).  I picked up these two small crates that will come in useful - either in the utility room or elsewhere.  I also picked up a number of unique sewing related gifts that will be squirreled away for Christmas (shh) and a cushion
pad that will come in useful for a Christmas present - intrigued?


On the way home Jean kindly invited me in for a ham sandwich but then I couldn't put it off any longer - I had to go home to the builders!  They had arrived on time and are absolutely fine - you just know what I'm like - its easier for me not to be there!  They were mending my chimney - which had a large crack down one side - and fitting the pot securely - it was wobbly.  When I dreamt of retirement one of the pictures involved  nice warm fire and lots of sewing / knitting etc - clearly the chimney is an important factor in that picture - not to mention the chaos that a falling chimney can cause.






Wondering outside for a look I noticed the raspberry bushes - and remembered about how I had forgotten to pick them yesterday - the bushes are heaving!




Next was to make another fabric basket - this time its for Macmillan Charity as this week's challenge is to make something for their tombola and I am seeing the lady concerned this week.


Finally its time to get ready for the WI Supper Club - we're off for a meal later on so no slimming world tonight.  As EVERY other day this week - this morning the scales said that I had lost nothing!!

6 comments:

  1. Compared to other days, this one seems almost tranquil. Not a lot going on. Where are you going for your meal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo I love those crates!! Am suspecting you had to add to the balance on the gift card though!
    I am in awe at how much sorting you are doing! Its giving me the urge to have another go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not much the small one was £3.99 and the larger one was £4.99 - there was another size up as well

      Delete
  3. Good luck on the scales tonight - you are going to need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh missing the meal tonight, but I have just caught my first 5lb fish!! Love the new crates, will have to look out for those. It was nice to see your conservatory from outside, it helps me to imagine what mines going to look like.
    We'll have to catch up over the weekend if your free? Enjoy tonight's super club xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meant to say earlier, how about making those little 'gnome' hats from yesterday into Thimble holders. Little bit of Velcro to secure it. Saves losing the thimble at the bottom of the sewing bag. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete