Wednesday 29 July 2015

Two down - loads to go! (I'm blessed with a large family and circle of friends!)

Today started early - VERY EARLY!!  I have had no phone for the past couple of weeks - my fault - just haven't got around to sorting it but today the engineer would come sometime between 8am and 1pm!!  My problem was not just as simple as no phone - ever since last summer I have had some form of Heath Robinson contraption going on which involved loose wires lying across everywhere.   I was hoping that this visit would sort it all out for me.  I know that many people knock BT but I was impressed with the regular text message updates that came my way - and he was here by around 8:30am.  Just over an hour and a half later he left - the problem was the junction box on the wall of my house so the visit was free - and the wires have now gone - yippee.  I was that fed up with the situation that  I was prepared to pay so this was a result - and will fund the new phone that I will buy tomorrow - the current one is old and crackly!

Then the carpet man arrived to measure for the new carpet and hall flooring.  The upshot of these workmen being in the house was that I had time to focus on some crafts (who would have guessed!)  Firstly I finished the Christmas present started on sunday (the second one crossed off the list - hence the title).  You don't know how frustrated I am that I cannot show you a picture but I am rather pleased with it!



Next on the craft agenda was some redwork tracing for a couple of presents.  Before I started the sewing I wanted to back the fabric with some form of interfacing so thought that I would try to use the disposable visitors coat that I was given - there was a large pack of them being thrown out.  I couldn't iron on interfacing as I had used a frixion pen to trace the design - the frixion pen would have rubbed off with the iron!  The plan was to mow the lawn this afternoon but there had been a lot of rain in the night and, before the grass could dry off, so the heavens opened again!!  What's a girl to do but sit and sew?


Workwise I did spend some time clearing the upstairs landing ready for the decorators but, essentially, today was a sewing day.  Not only did I start to prepare the WI craft materials for a session in august but I even have the usual "sit and sew" session this evening to look forward to.  This retirement lark is tough!!


 
 
 
Mind you the postman did deliver this beautie - signed by the author herself.  I can just feel a plan coming on for Christmas 2015 - a wreath for every person in my circle - what do you think?  There are 11 to choose from in the book but this one is my favourite!









On the family tree front I did come across this stunning jardinere that my Great Grandmother made back in 1883 when she was only 16 - wow!!  I found it on this site.






1 comment:

  1. Loving the look of the wreath book! What a talented aunt..now we know where you get it from!
    Glad the phone is sorted and all for free!

    ReplyDelete