Wednesday 14 October 2015

It's my turn - Millie here x





Hi all - back in July my sister, Katie, was allowed to write the blog and I have been begging mum for my turn.  Well today is the day!  Let me introduce myself - I am a lovely, well behaved brown Labrador aged 9.  I say well behaved but not many people get to see that side of me - I prefer to act the fool and play up when mum has company - life is much more fun that way - unless she makes me stay in my bed of course!









Over the past week or so I have managed to make sure that mum woke up in the middle of the night every night - she thought that it was due to a headache or back ache but really it was so that  I could sleep on her bed.  However this morning I let her have a lie in - she didn't wake up until the alarm clock went off at 6am!  Why so early?  Well on a Wednesday I get rid of her and she goes to college.  The downside, of course, is that I have to listen to her explaining what she has done and look interested in her work - today, apparently , she dyed some fabric, dried the fabric, added some gesso, pressed some gauze onto the gesso to create texture, paint the gauze, let it dry, created a stencil, painted glue through the stencil, dried it and then ironed on some transfer foil - all to create a surface to sew on - geee - what happened to just using a single piece piece of fabric - I ask you!  Mum seemed happy enough though and took us out for a walk when she got back.  Truthfully I could have stayed indoors - it was quite bracing up at the beach - but we avoided the rain and I managed to run up and down the dunes so I could enjoy a well earned rest this afternoon.  In fact I was so happy that I bought mum a present to encourage her - well she doesn't know that I've hacked into her Amazon account but she will be pleased when the felting machine arrives.  I've gone for one that's on offer £99 instead of £299 - I don't want to waste her money if she doesn't use it now do I?


Whilst I dosed mum was sorting out stuff - I lose track really as she rushes around.  She was muttering something about filling the garden refuse bin up before tomorrow's collection, sorting out raffle prizes for the church Harvest Supper tomorrow, cutting out more pieces for these wretched Christmas presents, tracing the stitchery, bringing the coal in (oh how I laughed - I didn't remind her that the coal man had been and all the coal fell out when she opened the door - hee hee!), lighting the fire and getting ready for the sewing group tonight.  Me?  Well I just slept for most of the afternoon - okay -  apart from my 4pm alarm call when I went and looked doe eyed at mum to see if she would feed me (it works every time !).  Katie?  Well give her a lit fire and she's anybody's!






5 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you Millie...looks like you have an exciting life!
    Tell mum we are looking forward to seeing what she is going to make with your very generous pressie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's your cousin Penny hear - I know we've not met yet but I do think we'll get on well. My favourite thing in the whole world is jumping into canals - did it again today - great fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny - mum has told me all about you. I think that we will get on well but please be gentle with me - mum says that I'm the equivalent of 63 years old so should be drawing my pension. In any case if we bomb around the place I bet that I will get the blame for anything broken - the humans always blame me!:(

      Delete
  3. The worlds gone bonkers!
    Not only dogs writing blogs, but now dogs replying to other dogs blogs!
    Whatever next?
    I love mums new felting machine hope she likes, and makes good use of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever dog, buying online, saving money and having a great day it seems. Tell your Mum there were 'some' sewing things left at Lidl today for sale. Thread, needles and books that sort of thing. Better warn her it's offer day on Thursday (new offers) so always major busy.

    ReplyDelete