Monday 5 October 2015

Jane Eyre

Sometimes I think the power of books to influence and inform is underestimated.  I know, in my case, that Jane Eyre was one of my favourite childhood books and have always wondered whether there was a link between this book - where Jane becomes a governess - and my choice to go into teaching. Whether that may be the case or not, today I am going to paraphrase one of the most famous lines from the book - Reader - I married him. In my case its:-

Reader - I slept


Not the most original I know but I fell straight asleep at 10pm, woke up around 3:30 with a stiff back, took a hot water bottle back to bed and slept for another hour or so, dozing then until 8am - in other words nearly 7 hours of sleep with 3 hours of dozing - what bliss! (who would have thought that this blog would turn into a description of my sleeping habits!!)

Sewing wise - the border of the present is nearly finished and an iron on label added.  I am bad about labelling my products so am trying to improve.  I like the idea that sometime in the future someone will find and identify my work. 






The two decorations have been finished and the third is ready to be made up.  I had drawn a template from template plastic - which seems to have gone on holiday (ahem!).  Rather than starting again and maybe coming up with a different size I want to look again for the template.

The fabric for the BGB has been cut out - which is no mean feat since every piece has to be labelled - although I haven't had time yet to quilt the front.  So - all in all - its been a good weekend (bad back not withstanding).




This afternoon was the craft group - over the next two weeks we are card making with Dorothy leading us.  It was nice to have someone else doing the leadership for a change although you could say that there was a range of skill levels amongst the group!!  We have also started to discuss the programme for next term (its reassuring that they want to continue) with skills such as crochet and quilt making being requested!  we are lucky to have a variety of skills within the group and can usually find someone to lead us in the activity.



My effort
Jean's effort
 
 
 
 
Today's card was a 3d affair with a little drawer for you to hide a small gift.  It might be a tad difficult to post though!






3 comments:

  1. Thumbs up on the sleeping situation :)
    Another crafty day I see....no better way to spend a rainy day I say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you slept well! Your projects are all looking good and I like your card! Christine x

    ReplyDelete