Sunday 4 October 2015

"Guess how much I love you?"

How I wish that I had cameras up to record the goings on last night.  I tried sleeping upstairs but couldn't get comfortable - the only time my back didn't hurt was when I sat up.  Cue lightbulb moment - the chair downstairs with the pull up foot rest!  So down the stairs I came - trailing my duvet like some form of Christopher Robin with his blanket - and sat in the chair.  again I tossed and turned - now I needed a hot water bottle - and so it went on.  The only truly surprising fact is that I woke up at 5am - giving me around 4 hours sleep so not too shabby.  However I did fall asleep when watching the sewing programme at 8am on Create and Craft that I like to tune into!  My plan for tonight?  I now have a supply of those stick on patches which dispenses some heat and comfort - we will try a bed (probably mine first) and see how it goes!  On the bright side - my head is still poorly but I don't notice it now!

Sewing wise you may recall that I gave myself until Monday afternoon at 1pm to finish three decorations,a Christmas present and some cutting out for a new project.  Well - I haven't started on the cutting out yet but the Christmas present has a little bit of hand sewing to go before the binding is added (oops - maybe a  hint there) and, as you can see two decorations just need a small slip stitch to finish them off.  I will do the hand sewing for the third tonight.  I am really pleased with the way that these have turned out - they could even be used for handmade cards - hmmm!




I did promise you a present for my great nephew however.  I had had this piece of fabric in my "stash" for some time and had treated myself to this new Jenni Rayment book.  In the book she had details of a baby changing mat which folds up into a small tote bag and has pockets for nappies and wipes - out of reach from the baby - it seemed like a plan!  The "straight" police would have a field day - the towelling was a new towel from Tesco and it moved all over the place - however I am really pleased with the finished article and will get it posted off this week.





3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear all your aches and pains are still lingering :(
    Love the bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to change you name to goldilocks, your house sounds like the set of the three bears?
    Love the baby changing bag, what a lovely present to receive.
    Hope you sleep better tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift the changing bag is Lynda! Hope your sleeping arrangements improve soon! Christine x

    ReplyDelete